Cadets 2017

43 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It seemed to me that there was a lot of hate spread around multiple corps on the Broken Arrow thread the other night.

Yeah I read a lot of "meh" in the reviews for almost all the performances. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It seemed to me that there was a lot of hate spread around multiple corps on the Broken Arrow thread the other night.

I honestly stopped reading it

sorry to hear that 

• Like 1

I know I'm contributing to this, but is this drum corps planet or cadets corps planet? There's about 30+ other corps out there busting tail right now. It's ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

I know I'm contributing to this, but is this drum corps planet or cadets corps planet? There's about 30+ other corps out there busting tail right now. It's ridiculous. 

Yes, it is DCP.

But more specifically right HERE is a Cadets thread.

No one is trying to take away anything from the other groups. I know I'm not. I cheer on every group because I love the sport. I love the art of the activity. I love the tradition that also goes along with it. But, THIS right here, is a Cadets thread. We're fans to some degree here, or we simply respect the organization, and all wish for it to do well.

• Like 1

I could care less about other people's opinions but this is a great show.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

Yes, it is DCP.

But more specifically right HERE is a Cadets thread.

No one is trying to take away anything from the other groups. I know I'm not. I cheer on every group because I love the sport. I love the art of the activity. I love the tradition that also goes along with it. But, THIS right here, is a Cadets thread. We're fans to some degree here, or we simply respect the organization, and all wish for it to do well.

90% cadets 10% everyone else.

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

"Negative reviews are fun to write, and fun to read" -Anton Ego, "Ratatouille"

And fact is fact - "Keith " Just saying, it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, PaulCdts said:

It is now July 20. With all the discussion about what this show really is trying to tell us, lies the problem with the show design. Like last year, the constant need to add to make the storyline clear to everyone becomes the problem not the answer. If you can not establish what you intended by this time of the season, with multiple viewings either by video or live, your show design is at fault from the beginning. 

Disagree. Show is exactly what the title says. If anything, remove some of the literal expressions. It's a very good show bordering on fantastic with some tweaks and a ton of cleaning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I personally think the show is very well designed also. I think a few tweaks and edits and it is bordering on fantastic

Drill, staging, guard work, musical arrangements and the use of voice all very strong (again IMO)

I agree with this 100%. Will the level of performance get to where it needs to be is the question.  The design is a solid one.