Cadets 2017

42 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Neither is C2 doing well this summer.

There are a couple of dozen or more current members of The Cadets who have moved up from C2.  I would say C2 is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. 

Just now, Icer said:

There are a couple of dozen or more current members of The Cadets who have moved up from C2.  I would say C2 is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. 

but is not replacing as in seasons past nor scoring as well either. In fact, they have pulled out of one show coming up because of the need to make up time in practice.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

That's him referring to the lesson needing taught BY THE STAFF. You're misreading it. He isn't the best writer, it is poorly written. But he is referring to the staff not guiding/teaching the members.

George, I trust you, and so I am choosing to believe that you know what he meant to say. But that is not what he said. Regardless, it is at best counterproductive and at worst very unprofessional to be criticizing your members or your staff on Facebook. Can we not jus have one season without this drama? Why do Cadets alums put up with this? No other corps allows this.

• Like 9

Just now, Cappybara said:

Then I'm not following how that post referred to the staff and not the "kids"

Oh I understand

1. the entire post of his is referring to his frustration with this staff (apparently today) in not instilling the believe in the members ("the kids") that each rep is critical, etc..

2. that said I don't think it is a smart thing to post. What is the purpose? To throw the staff (that you hired!) under the bus? 

As I said - he is a poor communicator

I lead/manage a ton of people at work - I am very cautious and deliberate with what I say and do not say. Everything has a purpose and intent. If I say something it is quite intentional

Hopkins seems to be quite an "emotional" communicator - for lack of a better word. Rather than careful and deliberate/purposeful 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

George, I trust you, and so I am choosing to believe that you know what he meant to say. But that is not what he said. Regardless, it is at best counterproductive and at worst very unprofessional to be criticizing your members or your staff on Facebook. Can we not jus have one season without this drama? Why do Cadets alums put up with this? No other corps allows this.

agreed. Totally. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

agreed. Totally. 

Demand a change, George. Look at BAC, that is where Cadets belong. There is a very clear reason these two corps are headed in opposite directions and every single Cadets loyalist knows it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Oh I understand

1. the entire post of his is referring to his frustration with this staff (apparently today) in not instilling the believe in the members ("the kids") that each rep is critical, etc..

2. that said I don't think it is a smart thing to post. What is the purpose? To throw the staff (that you hired!) under the bus? 

As I said - he is a poor communicator

I lead/manage a ton of people at work - I am very cautious and deliberate with what I say and do not say. Everything has a purpose and intent. If I say something it is quite intentional

Hopkins seems to be quite an "emotional" communicator - for lack of a better word. Rather than careful and deliberate/purposeful 

That makes more sense. Thanks for the "deconstruction" :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If the staff is who he's talking about,* one has to wonder how the staff is going to feel about coming back next year.

* He's talking about the kids. Most of my season was like this. Bad decisions in design become "you just aren't working hard enough to generate the effect." Seen him get into screaming matches in the shower with members about their attitude

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Demand a change, George. Look at BAC, that is where Cadets belong. There is a very clear reason these two corps are headed in opposite directions and every single Cadets loyalist knows it.

I believe that would have to come from within - as you say alumni and such. The BOD. I'm not a member of the organization - just a fan/supporter

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

I believe that would have to come from within - as you say alumni and such. The BOD. I'm not a member of the organization - just a fan/supporter

Well, where is the BOT then? Does anyone care half as much as you do?