SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

What year did Weber start writing there?  Remember he was a Cavie alum who marched under Gaines.

I do remember Jeff Fiedler bringing with him Sly Slybinski (sp) who had been Cavs visual tech guru; his first two weeks with SCV he upped their proficiency numbers tremendously. Now he occasionally judges DCI.

2006 was the first year

Sorry if this was already said but someone on Reddit is claiming that a current member said the following: "They aren't wearing aussies. They are wearing a custom uniform similar to the bluecoats last year." 

Intriguing

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Sorry if this was already said but someone on Reddit is claiming that a current member said the following: "They aren't wearing aussies. They are wearing a custom uniform similar to the bluecoats last year." 

Intriguing

If true, this will completely negate my previous post about vanguard being uncontroversial. 

Also if true, I will be highly disappointed. My reasons for watching DCI continue to erode. I still enjoy listening though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Intriguing

I'll take this with a grain of salt until I see the uniform for myself. SCV is the last corps I could see ditching their iconic hats, although after seeing the show graphic I don't doubt that the uniform could be custom-made.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'll take this with a grain of salt until I see the uniform for myself. SCV is the last corps I could see ditching their iconic hats, although after seeing the show graphic I don't doubt that the uniform could be custom-made.

Well there was 87.  but I agree with you.  I can not imagine them without their trademark Ausie!

42 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Oh, they've ditched it before. In fact I own one of these hats worn by them in 1987.

serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fleerudnicki.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F06%2F1987-scv.jpg&sp=1a4c56becb8a4a567819ab6b3d073802

31 minutes ago, flammaster said:

A tenor drummer who shall go nameless referred to those hats as Portuguese Skateboard Helmets.  

Those Russian Cossack hats?  lol  Too funny!

Mine was taken very good care of and I think it's super cool.  Weird me...