SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Is being named to DCI's HoF the kiss of death or a sweet dismissal???

Case in point, Jeff Sacktig is named to HoF, then resigns from Cadets drill writing for sabbatical and then new allegiance to Crown. (Colin McNutt named to Cadets HoF then resigns for BAC.)

Scott Koter is named to HoF, then resigns from Cavaliers and re-emerges to consult with Pacific Crest.

Dan Farrell is named to HoF, then replaced at Phantom as show coordinator by Wes Cartwright under new title.

Denise Bonfiglio is named to HoF, then this:

http://www.scvanguard.org/scv-winter-guard-on-hiatus-for-2017-season/

I wonder if new corps admin at SCV have reservations about JVndkf (usual SCVWG drill writer) working for Bloo? I don't know, just wondering out loud. Certainly WGI and guard folk will miss SCVWG (let alone the Christmas shoppers wanting that gift wrapping service they offered at the mall.)

With CWP in Allentown also withdrawing from WGI, is it getting too much for corps to compete successfully in DCI and WGI in the same year?

Edited by xandandl

I wonder if new corps admin at SCV have reservations about JVndkf (usual SCVWG drill writer) working for Bloo? I don't know, just wondering out loud. Certainly WGI and guard folk will miss SCVWG (let alone the Christmas shoppers wanting that gift wrapping service they offered at the mall.)

Actually, that was my first gut reaction as well.

Is being named to DCI's HoF the kiss of death or a sweet dismissal???

Case in point, Jeff Sacktig is named to HoF, then resigns from Cadets drill writing for sabbatical and then new allegiance to Crown. (Colin McNutt named to Cadets HoF then resigns for BAC.)

Scott Koter is named to HoF, then resigns from Cavaliers and re-emerges to consult with Pacific Crest.

Dan Farrell is named to HoF, then replaced at Phantom as show coordinator by Wes Cartwright under new title.

Denise Bonfiglio is named to HoF, then this:

http://www.scvanguard.org/scv-winter-guard-on-hiatus-for-2017-season/

With CWP in Allentown also withdrawing from WGI, is it getting too much for corps to compete successfully in DCI and WGI in the same year?

CWP folded because none of those drummers were marching the drum corps. They wanted to build one group to feed the other. This is what I was told/heard.

Three words: Pride of Cincinnati. Winter guard continuity is no measure of success or of, indeed, viability.

If I had to a take a guess here: I LOVE that Ms. Bonfiglio will be focusing on the 50th anniversary of the "home team" Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps.
We will all benefit, if so.

Of course, it could be Bloo applying "the pressure" to come up with an outstanding new and novel approach for the defending World summer champions. Maybe it wasn't Space Park's decison at all but a consequence.

If that's the case, couldn't SCV winter guard simply find a different designer?

It's last minute, but wouldn't someone not of Vanderkolff's caliber be better than taking the year off?

CWP folded because none of those drummers were marching the drum corps. They wanted to build one group to feed the other. This is what I was told/heard.

Not exactly true. For instance, At least one snare marched both CWP and Cadets, and he drove/flew from several states away.

partly true. not the whole story.

and winter rarely feeds directly to summer. it's far more geographical in nature.

Not exactly true. For instance, At least one snare marched both CWP and Cadets, and he drove/flew from several states away.

None was to show emphasis that it wasn't what they were expecting. Compare it to BD and RCC. I believe a large amount March both that are in the cali area. From what I have heard Rennick doesn't allow SCV corps members to March winter so the SCV winterline doesn't get that talent.