SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

I wonder if new corps admin at SCV have reservations about JVndkf (usual SCVWG drill writer) working for Bloo? I don't know, just wondering out loud. Certainly WGI and guard folk will miss SCVWG (let alone the Christmas shoppers wanting that gift wrapping service they offered at the mall.)

That's an interesting thought, but since he's doing different roles in each organization, I don't think it's much of an issue.

Not exactly true. For instance, At least one snare marched both CWP and Cadets, and he drove/flew from several states away.

read more carefully -- i said rarely indicating there are cases. heck there are few programs where performers are willing to move to a new city to march! but -- in the general case -- indoor is about "who's close to me" (with close being a somewhat relative term).

Edited by corpsband

read more carefully -- i said rarely indicating there are cases. heck there are few programs where performers are willing to move to a new city to march! but -- in the general case -- indoor is about "who's close to me" (with close being a somewhat relative term).

I thought the timeout with Brasso would have toned down your feistiness, saving it for important matters. i won't be commenting further.

• Like 2

I thought the timeout with Brasso would have toned down your feistiness, saving it for important matters. i won't be commenting further.

look at what you wrote:

Not exactly true. For instance, At least one snare marched both CWP and Cadets, and he drove/flew from several states away.

i made it clear ( twice actually -- i also said generally local) that there were exceptions but you came back with "Not exactly true". and you take exception to what i wrote :doh:

I know this is REEEEALLY wishful thinking, but my number one hope for the entire 2017 summer is SCV gives us a powerful Send In The Clowns as the closer this year. I'm talking like REALLY powerful.

• Like 1

I know this is REEEEALLY wishful thinking, but my number one hope for the entire 2017 summer is SCV gives us a powerful Send In The Clowns as the closer this year. I'm talking like REALLY powerful.

And with the original arrangement.

And with the original arrangement.

A thousand times yes. I was listening to the audio of a recording from 1989 with Gale conducting it and it was just incredible.

• Like 1

While acknowledging how risky it can be to revisit such an iconic piece - and as someone else noted, also with all the added pressure of the 50th. - me, too. Clowns would make a terrific closure for all of us to look forward to at each performance.

BTW, I appear to be a much less sophisticated fan than most of you here. So take this observation with that in mind: I've been binging through the 2014 and 2015 finals, and I often catch myself unable to identify just when I might be seeing a closure. Another reason why Clowns would work for me.