Carolina Crown 2017

10 minutes ago, OS2020 said:

That last paragraph though!..can you be my hype man when i work out? :laughing:

Hell I can't even be my own hype man and work out. As we speak I'm eating leftover pizza and crazy bread while knocking back a long neck in my lazyboy. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

There's a select, and weird, few who hate the soloist for her voice. I don't fall in that category, she's super talented and has great pipes

I just hate the way she's used. If that makes me crazy so be it. Im also not a fan of the "No One to Know" section moreso than anything else. Probably because I don't like the source music either. I just find the voice part in that song to be extremely annoying. The rest of the show is growing on me slightly. 

There more than just a select few. The hate that was on here,  and is now on YouTube and reddit is astounding. Regardless,  she does indeed have great pipes. Now as for you hating a certain song selection, thats gonna happen every now and then. Even I have a few songs over the years,  and one show in particular,  by crown that I don't like. Lol. 

46 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

There more than just a select few. The hate that was on here,  and is now on YouTube and reddit is astounding. Regardless,  she does indeed have great pipes. Now as for you hating a certain song selection, thats gonna happen every now and then. Even I have a few songs over the years,  and one show in particular,  by crown that I don't like. Lol. 

I still can't stand the 2009 show so there's that lol. 

By contrast I love 2014 which a lot of people didnt like

• Like 1

I've been around the corps quite a bit the past month and a half and have one observation... I could sense a growing frustration with the staff that this corps doesn't have that killer instinct that the previous groups have. Almost as if there might be a lack of maturity. I wouldn't say it was a huge problem, but I did notice that Matt has challenged the hornline on several occasions. The guard has a tremendous amount of talent but I feel like they're struggling a touch with the book. Obviously there is plenty of time for them to make a move, but hopefully they will find that extra bit of push to the finish line.

29 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I've been around the corps quite a bit the past month and a half and have one observation... I could sense a growing frustration with the staff that this corps doesn't have that killer instinct that the previous groups have. Almost as if there might be a lack of maturity. I wouldn't say it was a huge problem, but I did notice that Matt has challenged the hornline on several occasions. The guard has a tremendous amount of talent but I feel like they're struggling a touch with the book. Obviously there is plenty of time for them to make a move, but hopefully they will find that extra bit of push to the finish line.

I think it might have to do with the amount of negativity this year that the corps isn't used to dealing with. Could be wrong though. 

• Like 2

Morale is pretty good between winning over a lot of the naysayers and scoring well. I wouldn't worry about the kids, they're hungry and proud of what they're doing. 

22 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

I think it might have to do with the amount of negativity this year that the corps isn't used to dealing with. Could be wrong though. 

I doubt it. There are other corps that get just as much if not more criticism than Crown has been getting this year (talking about Cadets and BD) but those kids seem to do fine

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I doubt it. There are other corps that get just as much if not more criticism than Crown has been getting this year (talking about Cadets and BD) but those kids seem to do fine

BD isn't really a fair comparison, IMO. Those kids know they have the design and the talent to win a championship every single year. Their confidence level is off the charts 100% of the time. To be frank, I'm sure the kids at BD don't give a s*** what naysayers have to say about them. They'll just keep on winning whether we like it or not. BD is one of a kind. Even with the recent rise of Bloo.

Edited by crownisking

15 minutes ago, crownisking said:

BD isn't really a fair comparison, IMO. Those kids know they have the design and the talent to win a championship every single year. Their confidence level is off the charts 100% of the time. To be frank, I'm sure the kids at BD don't give a s*** what naysayers have to say about them. They'll just keep on winning whether we like it or not. BD is one of a kind. Even with the recent rise of Bloo.

Cadets?

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Cadets?

I was saying that BD can't really be compared to Cadets or Crown when it comes to how they react to criticism.