Carolina Crown 2017

2 hours ago, B-Flat said:

Can someone who has seen the tarps explain how they are using them and when In the show?

Only tarp I've seen was a tarp rolled out during a part of No One. The guard do some sort work on it as it is rolled out. It's a football helmet with the Crown symbol on it, with the yard line strewing behind it. If that makes any sense. Lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B-Flat said:

Can someone who has seen the tarps explain how they are using them and when In the show?

Ok.   I didnt see any tarps.  One large green tarp goes around the singer's stand.  Thats all I saw.

10 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Ok.   I didnt see any tarps.  One large green tarp goes around the singer's stand.  Thats all I saw.

Not a tarp. It looks to be close to the same velvety material as their jackets. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Did you make it to rehearsal? If so, thoughts?

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

they should have won in 2009 IMO

You know I'm gonna disagree with this :)

• Like 2

So... I posted a few weeks ago like a LOT of other people have here on my concerns about this show with the vocals throughout, and I just want to respectfully stand corrected! This show grew on me a whole lot. Although the ballad is a little cheesy, (what drum corps ballad these days doesn't have a little bit of cheese..) I think this show is absolutely fantastic. It's everything I love about Crown. The vocalist is great.  Since so many members read these forums, if she's reading, I'd like to commend her for her amazing talent. Screw the haters. I look forward to literally being blown away by them at San Antonio, and not like anyone cares, but I'll be there with my mother who hasn't seen a drum corps show since 2010... it'll be an awesome experience. Crown is the Crown. 

• Like 4

2009 should've won. Along with 2012 and 2015.

• Like 3