Carolina Crown 2017

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I still can't stand the 2009 show so there's that lol. 

By contrast I love 2014 which a lot of people didnt like

That brass book from 2014 truly was out of this world.    Crazy stuff they played.   I'll never get tired of listening to OOTW!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I still can't stand the 2009 show so there's that lol. 

By contrast I love 2014 which a lot of people didnt like

The one show from Crown that I can never get into is 2010. Loved the Mahler 2 opener, but the rest just felt very vanilla and flat to me. And the new ending they added late in the season, which was a copy-paste of 2009's ending, didn't do anything to help it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The one show from Crown that I can never get into is 2010. Loved the Mahler 2 opener, but the rest just felt very vanilla and flat to me. And the new ending they added late in the season, which was a copy-paste of 2009's ending, didn't do anything to help it.

Agree, a rare miss for that design team. I'd included the rock show in 2011. Wanted to love it, just never got there for me...I know a lot may disagree with that one 

Edited by Kevin.

1 minute ago, Kevin. said:

Agree, a rare miss for that design team. I'd included the rock show in 2011. Wanted to love it, just never got there for me...I know a lot may disagree with that one 

Personal taste then.    To me, 2011 Rach is one of my all-time favorites.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I doubt it. There are other corps that get just as much if not more criticism than Crown has been getting this year (talking about Cadets and BD) but those kids seem to do fine

The Crown kids are used to everyone loving their show. Blue Devils are used to hate and after last year is say Cadets are as well. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Only part I enjoyed of 2010 was Danzon. That's the one show by crown I just don't like. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

It wasnt that bad.  The preshow was the only miss for me.

23 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

That brass book from 2014 truly was out of this world.    Crazy stuff they played.   I'll never get tired of listening to OOTW!

Loved that show.  That is Klesch's greatest work for me.  It sucks the rest of the show flopped so bad design wise.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Seriously, that part after the drum break with the mellos and trumpets is one of my favorite drum corps moments of all time. The brass line truly sounded like ONE INSTRUMENT, much like a good snareline should sound like one snare. The sound was so pure and clean, it gives me chills every time I listen to it

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

2010 isn't my favorite, but I certainly like it a lot more than 2009