Carolina Crown 2017

42 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

Agree, a rare miss for that design team. I'd included the rock show in 2011. Wanted to love it, just never got there for me...I know a lot may disagree with that one 

Witith the exception of the ballad, which kinda lulled for me and didn't impact me in the same way as when Phantom played it in '95, I thought that was an incredibly exciting show. 

• Like 1

To anyone who's seen the most recent changes, have they gotten rid of the transition in "No One" where the guard changes to the double flag poles? That, to me, is the most awkard musical and visual portion of the show.

Look this year's main beef is not personally with the singer... no one is really envisioning that the rifle line encircles the singer, and then leads the singer off in handcuffs to the Stage Coach while the brass line plays the "Hallelujah" reprise... that is not what this has been about!!  It is with the choice of the designers to use VOCALS not only once but twice in back to back music selections.  Vocals are somewhat of a gimmick in DCI and therefore doubling down is more multiplicative versus additive in terms of striking a nerve for some folks.  

Edited by Wog
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

2010 isn't my favorite, but I certainly like it a lot more than 2009

See, just goes to show that there is no end to preferences and opinions.  2009 Crown is one of my favorite shows all time

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wog said:

Look this year's main beef is not personally with the singer... no one is really envisioning that the rifle line encircles the singer, and then leads the singer off in handcuffs to the Stage Coach while the brass line plays the "Hallelujah" reprise... that is not what this has been about!!  It is with the choice of the designers to use VOCALS not only once but twice in back to back music selections.  Vocals are somewhat of a gimmick in DCI and therefore doubling down is more multiplicative versus additive in terms of striking a nerve for some folks.  

Who are you preaching to? Noone has mentioned vocals or singing for pages. We've all seen this spelled out a million times.

59 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Who are you preaching to? Noone has mentioned vocals or singing for pages. We've all seen this spelled out a million times.

Probably because I mentioned it in my review of last night. 

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

See, just goes to show that there is no end to preferences and opinions.  2009 Crown is one of my favorite shows all time

they should have won in 2009 IMO

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Hey guys.  Can confirm: Crown is INSANELY loud.  No other way of putting it.  Watching this hornline is an absolute delight.  Ott contender.

Can someone who has seen the tarps explain how they are using them and when In the show?