Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

I said this on the Minnesota thread too, but most people commenting watched tonight's competition on Flo. I was right on the 50 yard line in some really great seats...and could barely hear Blooo tonight. I've heard the show many times on YouTube and Flo, but There was something wrong tonight. Those of us in the stands missed out on a lot of the sound and so many of the cool elements that I've heard before.

SCV was absolutely on fire tonight and were easily the loudest corps there. The only time Bloo even came close to matching SCV's power was at the very end.

i say all of this to say that I think this played a big role in why scores ended up the way they did. People watching on the feed wouldn't have noticed the absolute lack of sound. bloo's effect was subdued tonight watching it live.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

SCV was absolutely on fire tonight and were easily the loudest corps there. The only time Bloo even came close to matching SCV's power was at the very end.

SCV uses alot of micing this year and synth bass, do you think that played into it?  Or was it simply a hornline thing?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It isn't even mid season yet ... Bluecoats don't need to hit the panic button. SCV was better tonight and deserve all the accolades they are getting. But there is a lot of season left and all corps have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to an intensely competitive rest of the season. 

Heck ya!  Go Blooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

SCV uses alot of micing this year and synth bass, do you think that played into it?  Or was it simply a hornline thing?

I guess it's possible. All I really know for sure is that Bloo's sound was completely underwhelming after SCV just about blew the walls off the stadium; and that was very surprising to some of us.

• Like 2

Just now, ajlemm said:

I guess it's possible. All I really know for sure is that Bloo's sound was completely underwhelming after SCV just about blew the walls off the stadium; and that was very surprising to some of us.

Fair, thanks for the info.

Just now, ajlemm said:

Is this the only time you've seen Bluecoats live this year?

7 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

I said this on the Minnesota thread too, but most people commenting watched tonight's competition on Flo. I was right on the 50 yard line in some really great seats...and could barely hear Blooo tonight. I've heard the show many times on YouTube and Flo, but There was something wrong tonight. Those of us in the stands missed out on a lot of the sound and so many of the cool elements that I've heard before.

i say all of this to say that I think this played a big role in why scores ended up the way they did. People watching on the feed wouldn't have noticed the absolute lack of sound. bloo's effect was subdued tonight watching it live.

And yet Bluecoats still beat them in brass. Clearly you don't need synth,micing, or to be "the loudest" to score well. Just because a group is quiet doesn't mean they can't be scored properly. Not saying it didn't affect effect, but it probably isn't that big of a deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

And yet Bluecoats still beat them in brass. Clearly you don't need synth,micing, or to be "the loudest" to score well. Just because a group is quiet doesn't mean they can't be scored properly. Not saying it didn't affect effect, but it probably isn't that big of a deal.

Probably not as impactful from a GE standpoint which is where SCV made up a ton of ground.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Probably not as impactful from a GE standpoint which is where SCV made up a ton of ground.  

You never know, judging can be pretty weird/random some times. Time will tell. Looking forward for the next few weeks!

• Like 1