Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

It isn't even mid season yet ... Bluecoats don't need to hit the panic button. SCV was better tonight and deserve all the accolades they are getting. But there is a lot of season left and all corps have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to an intensely competitive rest of the season. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

It isn't even mid season yet ... Bluecoats don't need to hit the panic button. SCV was better tonight and deserve all the accolades they are getting. But there is a lot of season left and all corps have a lot of work to do. I am looking forward to an intensely competitive rest of the season. 

Exactly. Bluecoats will be challenging for the title come finals. SCV will be challenging for the title come finals. Blue Devils will be challenging for the title come finals.

• Like 1

Just now, henry7184 said:

Exactly. Bluecoats will be challenging for the title come finals. SCV will be challenging for the title come finals. Blue Devils will be challenging for the title come finals.

And when that happens, it is great for drum corps and it is great for the fans!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

My eye is always on August and tonight didn't change anything.

I said the first time I saw SCV they were going to contend, and I LOVE both shows so really it's a win win for me.  

I'm just getting a kick out of peoples reactions, it always makes me sad when I can tell people want a corps to lose/get joy out of it.  

Agreed!! Don't get me wrong..I have my favorites and there is competition in the activity!! But, at the end of the day, these are kids who shell out a few thousand $$ to spend their summer entertaining people all over the country!! Lots of shows that I enjoy and others I really don't ( and being mostly new to the forum, I don't like to talk about it much because I don't want a stranger to tell me I am a moron of stupid because I like one show over another!!) 

As a Bluecoats fan, I now know how the BD fans feel when they loose a show here or there

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

Agreed!! Don't get me wrong..I have my favorites and there is competition in the activity!! But, at the end of the day, these are kids who shell out a few thousand $$ to spend their summer entertaining people all over the country!! Lots of shows that I enjoy and others I really don't ( and being mostly new to the forum, I don't like to talk about it much because I don't want a stranger to tell me I am a moron of stupid because I like one show over another!!

As a Bluecoats fan, I now know how the BD fans feel when they loose a show here or there

Anyone that does that isn't worth listening to anyway. Different strokes for different folks. Share your excitement.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1

Very cool view of the opener drill!

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, superOOk said:
Very cool view of the opener drill!

I HATE huge stationary props, but Bloo uses that stage so well. I have no idea how the mm march through it so seamlessly.

• Like 3

It is funny to me that people are saying Bloo is in trouble.  Just a week and a half ago BD beat SCV, but it was only by 3 or 4 tenths.  I am to lazy to look it up.  The point is, yes SCV is better than they have been for a while this year, but no, Bloo is not in any sort of trouble for losing first place by 1 tenth (I think) to SCV at a show in early July.  At this point it seems like Bloo, SCV, Crown and BD are all in good shape.  Also, Cavies and Cadets are very close and could also contend.  I do not believe anyone will have an undefeated season, so I fully expect my favorite corps (Blue Devils) to lose a few shows.  I hope they win the one that counts if they deserve it, but that will be a huge challenge with so many corps bunched together.  We will just have to see which corps makes the necessary changes to make their show a wonderful piece of art, and who performs their product best on Finals night.

• Like 1