Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

So I was thinking earlier today about the lack of major announcements we've had up to this point, so it makes me think about Bloo's procrastination last year and how corps this year might be moving in a similar direction and I just hope that they understand something. When the Bluecoats did this last season there was a certain art about it where they not only held out to the very last possible second, but they also were teasing the outsiders at every possible moment whether it be posts from the corps on Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat in particular as well as the members hyping the program over Instagram along with the whole Agriculture conundrum. So by the time June 24th hit, the whole marching community was anxious to see what they were up to, and the program lived up to the hype. So I really just hope that other corps don't try this only to fall flat with either the type of hype or the program not living up to it. Just some food for thought in this waiting period that we're experiencing.

So I was thinking earlier today about the lack of major announcements we've had up to this point, so it makes me think about Bloo's procrastination last year and how corps this year might be moving in a similar direction and I just hope that they understand something.

The Bluecoats are hardly the first in drumcorps to try and invoke the cone of silence and certainly won't be the last.

• Like 1

I always feel bad for all the great talent that will get CUT...

Let's hope they try for other places.

Not sure how being silent about a show can be considered HYPE?

I was as hyped as I've ever been for a show sitting in the theater waiting to see bloo. Huge fan of their 14/15 shows.

I was one of the few who was disappointed with what I saw, but I was hyped nonetheless.

I'm betting corps are going to be as experimental this year as ever before, and whether corps designers or members admit it, they pay attention to social media. I'm fine with not knowing show concepts if the corps continue to take risks and not second guess themselves.