Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I was gonna pm you the soundcloud until that Cowboys star. Go 49ers!!! Sigh.....ok pm you now lol. Still go Niners!

Go Redskins but I agree with the Cowboys suck sentiment 

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Go Redskins but I agree with the Cowboys suck sentiment 

Great minds think alike lol.

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Nope... Just you lol.. i see what you mean there though.

I agree with GREENBLUE too, but it's just snippets of music, and the parts that I DO like at the moment, I really like.  Otherwise, I'm a little meh with the parts that I do not love.

• Like 1

Ok, I tried to make a post, but I dont even know where to start.  This will be absolute highway robbery if BD doesn't win this year, or at least get the Ott.  I'm not a dramatic person, but I teared up MULTIPLE times during that show.  

I need people to understand, that I loves pretty much all corps by this point.  What BD is doing with this show though...is truly extraordinary.   I seriously wonder if any of the other corps could pull it off.  The ranges and the notes (I swear I heard double c's in the trumpet) is absolutely ridiculous.  The design this year is incredible.  I havent seen it on the field, but this show (musically) is taking BD back to it's roots in so many places.  That groovy ballad, the battery parts at the beginning, it's incredible.  The ballad really reminds me of '89.  Solid groove, I love it.  Crystal was one of those things I was skeptical on, I watched the youtube video and was slightly underwhelmed.  BD has outdone the original.  When those trumpets came in I couldn't believe it.  Man you guys...something else.  I think I can say that one of my favorite brass books ever, and we havent even gotten to august yet.

Edit: Completely didn't notice that Felliniesque callback in the feature.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Ok, I tried to make a post, but I dont even know where to start.  This will be absolute highway robbery if BD doesn't win this year, or at least get the Ott.  I'm not a dramatic person, but I teared up MULTIPLE times during that show.  

I need people to understand, that I loves pretty much all corps by this point.  What BD is doing with this show though...is truly extraordinary.   I seriously wonder if any of the other corps could pull it off.  The ranges and the notes (I swear I heard double c's in the trumpet) is absolutely ridiculous.  The design this year is incredible.  I havent seen it on the field, but this show (musically) is taking BD back to it's roots in so many places.  That groovy ballad, the battery parts at the beginning, it's incredible.  The ballad really reminds me of '89.  Solid groove, I love it.  Crystal was one of those things I was skeptical on, I watched the youtube video and was slightly underwhelmed.  BD has outdone the original.  When those trumpets came in I couldn't believe it. My only concern is the battery parts.  They seem a little light, it's preseason though, and both recordings havent really exposed them a whole lot.  Man you guys...something else.  I think I can say that one of my favorite brass books ever, and we havent even gotten to august yet.

I understand being excited but THAT is a little bit much, especially considering we haven't seen much or heard much of anything from their biggest competition.  

But I understand being excited about your favorite corps and finally getting to see something from them.  

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I understand being excited but THAT is a little bit much, especially considering we haven't seen much or heard much of anything from their biggest competition.  

But I understand being excited about your favorite corps and finally getting to see something from them.  

C'mon Drummantx...let me be a biased fanboy....

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 9:22 PM, DrumManTx said:

considering we haven't seen much or heard much of anything from their biggest competition.  

Santa Clara?

The solos are improvised from what I can tell.

• Like 1