2017 Blue Stars

On 5/25/2017 at 11:43 PM, DrumManTx said:

I'm very excited to see this show in about a month......why do I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of surprised people on here?  :ph34r:  

You could be correct about people being surprised. People may have made decisions regarding Blue Stars more by process of elimination. When Blue Stars returned to finals, they had three impressive years followed by a lower placement but a reasonably solid show. In 2012 they missed finals, the prediction being (at least on DCP) it would take two or three years to return, until of course they returned in 2013. 2014, people were surprised with a well done and original show. 2015's show did not finish as strong, not a lot of people predicting better for 2016 until we were caught off guard. 

This year, people  want to see Madison return, they want to see Academy make finals again, many people believe  Crossmen will continue to gain momentum, BAC is expected to surge and no one has predicted with any credibility that any corps who placed 8th or higher will fall from the top 12. So those counting out Blue Stars or not expecting much could be making that decision based on "someone has to go" and not much else.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

You could be correct about people being surprised. People may have made decisions regarding Blue Stars more by process of elimination. When Blue Stars returned to finals, they had three impressive years followed by a lower placement but a reasonably solid show. In 2012 they missed finals, the prediction being (at least on DCP) it would take two or three years to return, until of course they returned in 2013. 2014, people were surprised with a well done and original show. 2015's show did not finish as strong, not a lot of people predicting better for 2016 until we were caught off guard. 

This year, people  want to see Madison return, they want to see Academy make finals again, many people believe  Crossmen will continue to gain momentum, BAC is expected to surge and no one has predicted with any credibility that any corps who placed 8th or higher will fall from the top 12. So those counting out Blue Stars or not expecting much could be making that decision based on "someone has to go" and not much else.

I completely understand, that's my only reasoning for leaving the corps or two out of my predictions that I do.  I'm not complaining or anything, I just think that they have a really great show coming down the pipes.  :)

Edited by DrumManTx

If this tweet is any indication, this is going to be one ineresting retelling of Romeo & Juliet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

If this tweet is any indication, this is going to be one ineresting retelling of Romeo & Juliet.

"Hello Romeo. I want to play a game..."

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I just think that they have a really great show coming down the pipes.  :)

No... please no... no pipes in Drum Corps.. I'm not sure so the fans should be allowed the pipes in the stands either. Think of the children !... ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO