Next year's tour

yes, Tanglewood has been a success for both Crusaders and for the other corps who have participated. My sponsorees in two different corps each have said the New England week has been their favorite week of tour. The weather, seafood, festivities, and longer floor time sleep all have played into it for sure.

In 2015, I attended Tanglewood and had great seats near the stage. At the end of the concert there was a "pit traffic jam" and I had the opportunity to speak with some of the kids. What impressed me was how in awe they were of performing at Tanglewood. They knew the history, who had performed there, etc. this was especially true for the BAC kids who had performed with the Pops at the Hatch Shell on July 4th. While being competitive is so much a part of drum corps, the experiential events are important too.

I know too that Crown in the past has loved the New England stop. There's a good chance of better temperatures for rehearsing, shows are close by (though in the Bristol days traffic jams could be a major headache), and a day off in Boston close to the 4th can't be beat. In 2013 I can recall talking to a Crown parent who stayed in the same hotel I did in Indy who said the marching members made the Crown folks promise a return to New England (they went west that year). This was prior to finals so probably any disappointment was quickly forgotten!

Edited by Tim K

A reliable source told me perhaps BD was coming north in 2017 and I certainly hope it is true. All I can say is thunderstorms and rain-outs are almost never an issue here in July and August.

Mixed feelings here. Pacific Northwest most certainly deserves more shows and top caliber corps. But as a BD honk and Southern California resident i would be sad if BD went North, especially being this is their 60th anniversary year in 2017. Guess i gotta take leave from work and gas up the car. I-5 North here i come!!!!

I know too that Crown in the past has loved the New England stop. There's a good chance of better temperatures for rehearsing, shows are close by (though in the Bristol days traffic jams could be a major headache), and a day off in Boston close to the 4th can't be beat. In 2013 I can recall talking to a Crown parent who stayed in the same hotel I did in Indy who said the marching members made the Crown folks promise a return to New England (they went west that year). This was prior to finals so probably any disappointment was quickly forgotten!

I don't think it's forgotten. Those parades were looked forward to as one of the highlights of the season.

I don't think it's forgotten. Those parades were looked forward to as one of the highlights of the season.

Warren, Rhode Island has never been the same.

Now part of CC lore as much as the junior high in Allentown.before re-settling from outer Bethlehem to Nazareth.

The solution for the west, of course, is Finals in Denver, Pasadena, Santa Clara or Vegas.

Bonus: After 10 years of finals in one spot, DCI has just about worn out housing options. New spot = new blood.

It's not going to happen no matter how much the fans demand it...last year DCI extended it's 10 year contract another ten years...so perhaps in 2026...