2016 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Directors of the Year

Class A - Scott Kolmen-Keem - Chops, Inc.

Open Class - Bill Snook - Reading Buccaneers

I swear that I'm only responding because you were SO close, and I've yet to see this particular rendition, but my sources tell me it's "Kolman-Keen", and that maybe he got his DCP username before he got married. ;)

Great job on these play-by-plays, all! Such a wonderful experience!

I swear that I'm only responding because you were SO close, and I've yet to see this particular rendition, but my sources tell me it's "Kolman-Keen", and that maybe he got his DCP username before he got married. ;)

Great job on these play-by-plays, all! Such a wonderful experience!

You need to update your signature, lol.

Congrats on the award. Chops is always a group to look forward to seeing!

• Like 1

You need to update your signature, lol.

Congrats on the award. Chops is always a group to look forward to seeing!

I concur. Awesome to see Chops back in the circuit.

• Like 1

thanks to the facebook-live'ers and periscope people....my withdrawal pangs slowly subsided. Already social media is awash with all kinds of great celebratory stuff, and the usual rantings and conspiracy theories.

that said....of what I have seen all summer, the DCA product on the field continues to grow, and the quality top to bottom gets better. DCA has a new first time champ, and i could have been ok with either of the top 2 winning, both incredible shows.Luckily periscope will keep the videos up for a while since there won't be dvd's, as I'll want to watch many of these shows again and again

• Like 2

I can see that people are butt hurt. Oh well. You can talk all you want. I'm a proud alumnus tonight along with the rest of our short 5 year alumni web.

Deserved victory.

• Like 3

Wow! What an amazing charge to become DCA Champion!

Cadets2 has been a wonderful addition to the DCA menu. Full-size corps, good show designs, fan-friendly music, and a classic good look on the field. Beautiful corps that won what should be their first of several more championships.

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Wow! What an amazing charge to become DCA Champion!

Cadets2 has been a wonderful addition to the DCA menu. Full-size corps, good show designs, fan-friendly music, and a classic good look on the field. Beautiful corps that won what should be their first of several more championships.

:thumbup:

I tend to agree with you .

I think the C2 model is going to be what other corps will follow.

I think the days of a start up corps in someone's basement is over .

With other choices in Sound Sport those corps will gravitate towards that .

Probably look for other corps to follow the C2 mold . If for no other reason to have a feeder corps .

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff!!! I mean no disrespect by my comments, but I stand by them. The word that I saw in the previous pages by another DCPer, "Bull." is not appropriate. At least GIVE THE THOUGHTS ON WHY YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS THE CORRECT COMMENT TO BE MADE... But then again, some people I guess don't like to see the big picture, or CAN'T see it without being biased.

Let's be clear here k?

I've seen and heard plenty of Cadets talk trash and your rant above borders on it. You claim to be unbiased well.... Not so much.

Now there are a couple of numbers on the recap and spreads that are head scratchers, but added up they don't change things.

I saw the crying elsewhere about kida judges keeping their job and USBands judges all over the panels. BFD. I believe if the Harrisburg DCA mafia weren't all at a wedding saturday, you'd get the same results.

C2 was on Readings tail last week in GE. And drums. Bucs also had the emotional show of a lifetime last week. Then Sunday while C2 was rehearsing, Bucs were distracted by other things..... Oh yeah congrats director of the year!!

Anyone watching last year should have anticipated C2 to jump huge!! They did it last year. They fixed one of my biggest issues with the show, and it kept them from a sweep of captions but it also got them the ring. Kudos to Rich and team. I've seen Rich lead the charge from behind in maroon many times now, this time it wasn't Mechanicsburg

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2