Crossmen 2017

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

I think they have a good show. My take is they will be in the 9-12 group with Blue Stars, Madison and Regiment. I think it will be tough for them to bust into the top 8 (last year's top 7 + BAC). Still a great show.

I agree.  Boston was obviously going to make a big jump, so that puts everyone else attempting to play catchup as best as possible.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I disagree.  For one thing, it looked much better in uniforms vs. shorts and t-shirts.  It's already improved greatly since the Crossmen do well in Visual Proficiency.  It's progressing well.

Rumor has it they'll unveil something Friday in Allentown that will make their visuals pop even more.

I'm not talking about how well they perform it. I'm referring to content. Not trying to bash, I'm as big a crossmen fan as nearly anyone... but in my opinion, the drill has very little flow or development and almost a total lack of focal points. Most of the show I don't know where to look. Everything just feels disjointed and random. A huge step back in design from last years superb drill design. Like I said, just expressing my opinion cause I don't think I was clear the my previous comment. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ComeHomeShane said:

I'm not talking about how well they perform it. I'm referring to content. Not trying to bash, I'm as big a crossmen fan as nearly anyone... but in my opinion, the drill has very little flow or development and almost a total lack of focal points. Most of the show I don't know where to look. Everything just feels disjointed and random. A huge step back in design from last years superb drill design. Like I said, just expressing my opinion cause I don't think I was clear the my previous comment. 

Well expressed.  As the show inevitably evolves, I will look forward to your thoughts on whether they fix this issue for you...or not.

• Like 2

Watched the last half-hour of ensemble and their run through today. I walked away with the following thoughts...

1. This show is *much* better live than on any stream

2. It's easily the best drill, especially in terms of full-corps integration and flow, that the corps has had in a long, long time.

3. By the end, this will easily be the best brass line Crossmen have had in the Bb era, and likely since well before that.

4. It's the first show they've done in a long time where I don't care what the theme is. Everything just works.

5. The ending drill is clearly a placeholder.

6. The last minute and change of the show is taken from Keith Emerson's 1st Piano Concerto (3rd mvt) but they don't list that in the source material...wonder why? I love it, and it's musically the best part of the show. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kamarag said:

Watched the last half-hour of ensemble and their run through today. I walked away with the following thoughts...

1. This show is *much* better live than on any stream

2. It's easily the best drill, especially in terms of full-corps integration and flow, that the corps has had in a long, long time.

3. By the end, this will easily be the best brass line Crossmen have had in the Bb era, and likely since well before that.

4. It's the first show they've done in a long time where I don't care what the theme is. Everything just works.

5. The ending drill is clearly a placeholder.

6. The last minute and change of the show is taken from Keith Emerson's 1st Piano Concerto (3rd mvt) but they don't list that in the source material...wonder why? I love it, and it's musically the best part of the show. 

thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Well expressed.  As the show inevitably evolves, I will look forward to your thoughts on whether they fix this issue for you...or not.

I'll get to see them live in Tejas twice! I suspect my opinion will change...

Some photos of Crossmen at Pittsburgh start here, for anyone who cares to see them.

• Like 1