Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

This is my favorite show to listen to this season, bar none. I'm definitely looking forward to the DATR broadcast (I hope sound for DATR is better this year than the last two). The horns and drums should be slugging it out with the top 3 by the end of the season.

• Like 2

For those who are interested, here is a list of corps locations in the Denver area for DATR:

Host Schools for drum corps at Drums Along The Rockies:

Adams City HS - Blue Devils
Bruce Randolph School - Oregon Crusaders
Chaparral HS - Bluecoats
Evergreen HS - Pacific Crest
Englewood HS - Blue Knights
Gateway HS - Columbians
Northridge HS - Seattle Cascades
Platte Valley HS - Mandarins
Standley Lake HS - The Battalion

2 minutes ago, 2kidsindrumcorpsnomoney4me said:

Anyone else looking forward to when BK, BAC, and The Cadets all get on the field at the same time?  Personally, I think the race between 6-8 is almost as interesting as the top 3!

BK and BAC only have 4 matchups this season outside of Finals weekend: San Antonio, Harrison NJ, the East Coast Classic, and Allentown. 

There are a few more matchups with Cadets, the first of which is Broken Bow. That show is the first time all of last year's top 8 meet in one place. Should be very interesting. 

I hope BK blows everyone away. 

• Like 1

You know it's quite interesting every year that once the California tour is over BK turns on the jets in Oregon/Washington/Idaho. They have less shows so it gives them lots of July rehearsal time to tweak, refine and get polished. One thing almost no one clamoured about this year is the fact that the show was complete out of the gate. That said I think early on we saw glimpses of greatness but that there was work to be done in areas as well. I'm so glad to see them score well, but even more than that they've now narrowed the point spread between themselves and BD by 5.5..... that's a sizeable statement about the quality of work being presented. Ultimately it will be a dog fight likely between corps 6-8/9, but I would not be a bit surprised to see BK at the top of that group or above come finals night.

Wes P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

BK and BAC only have 4 matchups this season outside of Finals weekend: San Antonio, Harrison NJ, the East Coast Classic, and Allentown. 

There are a few more matchups with Cadets, the first of which is Broken Bow. That show is the first time all of last year's top 8 meet in one place. Should be very interesting. 

I hope BK blows everyone away. 

Harrison show has been moved 20 miles NW to Clifton H.S. stadium.

4 hours ago, wesleyrp said:

You know it's quite interesting every year that once the California tour is over BK turns on the jets in Oregon/Washington/Idaho. They have less shows so it gives them lots of July rehearsal time to tweak, refine and get polished. One thing almost no one clamoured about this year is the fact that the show was complete out of the gate. That said I think early on we saw glimpses of greatness but that there was work to be done in areas as well. I'm so glad to see them score well, but even more than that they've now narrowed the point spread between themselves and BD by 5.5..... that's a sizeable statement about the quality of work being presented. Ultimately it will be a dog fight likely between corps 6-8/9, but I would not be a bit surprised to see BK at the top of that group or above come finals night.

Wes P

No secret that I am a bit biased for BK but I was SO happy to see a completed show when they swung through California! From my first view at Sacramento, to the last at Riverside, their sound was amazing and the musical arrangement, beautiful. Visually, some shows had some problems, but every show I was at had a great crowd reaction and the comments on their uniforms were favorable - they translate well onto the field.  I was worried that the guard look was so integrated with the musicians, but it seems to be working as they progress through the west coast. Once again, their look and sound is so beautiful. And their drumline - :inlove:      Can't wait to see this in Indy!

Would love to see a lot more love for BK in the forums <3

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2kidsindrumcorpsnomoney4me said:

Anyone else looking forward to when BK, BAC, and The Cadets all get on the field at the same time?  Personally, I think the race between 6-8 is almost as interesting as the top 3!

I don't really think we have a race for 6-8 right now. If anything it's a race for 5-7 with Cavies, Cadets and BAC. The lowest I see Cavies placing is 6th, with the Cadets in 5th. I think it all hinges on the Cadets, they could be 5th or 7th. I really don't see BK's show design as a threat to the Cadets (BAC maybe). But, in all likelihood they will be behind both at their first meeting.

19 minutes ago, BassFanMom said:

No secret that I am a bit biased for BK but I was SO happy to see a completed show when they swung through California! From my first view at Sacramento, to the last at Riverside, their sound was amazing and the musical arrangement, beautiful. Visually, some shows had some problems, but every show I was at had a great crowd reaction and the comments on their uniforms were favorable - they translate well onto the field.  I was worried that the guard look was so integrated with the musicians, but it seems to be working as they progress through the west coast. Once again, their look and sound is so beautiful. And their drumline - :inlove:      Can't wait to see this in Indy!

Would love to see a lot more love for BK in the forums <3

I was too. It was nice to see them at Stanford. I really loved the first 1/2 of the show - the opening was so beautiful. I also liked the uniforms from the stands. Very nice. I haven't see anything from them in a while, but they need to address some issues - namely the guard and their lack of using equipment that doesn't require more than a very basic skill level for what seems like a large chunk of their show. From a design level, I just don't think this show measures up to '14, '15 or '16.They are so very talented though, so we will see.

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

From a design level, I just don't think this show measures up to '14, '15 or '16.They are so very talented though, so we will see.

From the standpoint of content, demand, equipment and the general degree of difficulty, I can't say anything about design. From the standpoint of the audience being able to follow along; from the standpoint of melody and progression; from the standpoint of communication, foreshadowing, tension and release, the design this year is the best since 2014, imo.

• Like 3