Drum Corps Survey

I see now, I was overthinking. But in response to the Cadets, I think a lot of the fallout came as much, if not more, because of the admin always preaching their traditions, and then what was perceived as a slap in the face to tradition.

....and I think that is what Boston is trying to gauge by putting out this survey.

• Like 1

When I win the Amazon gift cards, do I have to donate one of them back to BAC or just spend them at the BAC souvenir table?

I felt bad that when I won some football promotion they were running and got a check in the mail...the winning prize was as much as my donation...but I just made an anonymous donation to the fuel fund this summer...not so anonymous now I guess...haha

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

The use of a survey to make artistic decisions is a bit alarming. I appreciate that BC is concerned about their tradition and such, but if they want to make artistic changes, by God, just make them and then sell the hell out of them. Market surveys are for politicians and shampoo, not artists.

• Like 1

The use of a survey to make artistic decisions is a bit alarming. I appreciate that BC is concerned about their tradition and such, but if they want to make artistic changes, by God, just make them and then sell the hell out of them. Market surveys are for politicians and shampoo, not artists.

:sarcasm:

That philosophy has worked great for the corps I will not mention here...

Edited by Liahona

Boston is the third-oldest junior drum and bugle corps in the nation while the cadets are respectfully 2nd

Wouldn't Boston actually be fourth?

1. Racine Scouts- Founded 1927

2. Cadets- Founded 1934

3. Madison Scouts- Founded 1938

4. BAC- Founded 1940

Not trying to be rude, just wanted to point that out.

• Like 1

Have any other corps done something like this? I'm a bit more used to it now, but Phantom's uniform this past year was a bit... weird. I don't know if Phantom has any input of the FJM uniform designs though

2. Cadets- Founded 1934

4. BAC- Founded 1940

It's kinda funny...i remember pointing this same point out myself a few years back...I fell back on the modern day propaganda...lol

edit: It's sad I seem to even remember now jwillis35 liking my post...he never likes anything I say...lol...I don't remember though exactly when I said it.

Edited by Liahona

2. Cadets- Founded 1934

4. BAC- Founded 1940

Well, to be fair, Racine was inactive for the 2016 season. Until they come back, perhaps they shouldn't be on the list anymore.

• Like 1