Isn't is time for the 2017 schedule to be released?

Does anyone know why there is no Warrensburg, Missouri TOC show this year? was always a great time, and for us Missourians, one of the only shows we can manage to get to, due to weeknight/work constraints.. I buy 8 seats and take a diehard group of friends EVERY year... so disappointed :(

It took SOOOOO long to get drumcorps BACK in Missouri... and now it's gone again.

Edited by mellojay84

Does anyone know why there is no Warrensburg, Missouri TOC show this year? was always a great time, and for us Missourians, one of the only shows we can manage to get to, due to weeknight/work constraints.. I buy 8 seats and take a diehard group of friends EVERY year... so disappointed :(

It took SOOOOO long to get drumcorps BACK in Missouri... and now it's gone again.

there were big housing problems with that show last year. not sure if that's the reason but..

For what it's worth, the Olathe Kansas is an hour west of there.

I did not know that....how is the neighborhood there now?...I had to duck a flying beer bottle the last time I was there...broken glass bottles everywhere...it was wicked scary dump then...

It's been that way for years now. Back in 2007 the show was elsewhere because the stadium was being renovated. I don't remember exactly what year it moved back to the Manning "Bowl", but definitely by 2011, and has been there ever since.

Assume it's all about attendance. By all accounts, having the show at Vandy, in the heart of Nashville, has dramatically improved attendance. The Nashville show is now among the best attended non-regionals on tour, maybe even THE best attended. The entire western stands were sold out this past season, attendance was likely over 20,000. Never seen more high school buses in my life.

I've shot games at Vanderbilt Stadium for over a decade, and I know all the shortcomings of that venue. But Floyd Stadium is nothing more than an erector set shell with cold metal seats. It's cool that you are about six feet lower to the field level, but other than that, there's nothing about MTSU that is attractive other than probably the availability of the dorms.

It does suck that they shortened the show by one corps. Don't get that at all unless it's a money grab. Would be an awesome opportunity to showcase an up and comer.

Hmmmm. Vandy's stadium does hold 9k more, but I've seen Floyd Stadium be completely full on the concert side and overflow to nearly the halfway points of the side sections. Attendance hasn't been a problem (save 2007 when they changed the show to early season bc of finals in Pasadena).

No, there's nothing great about MTSU or Murfreesboro, but I've been going to this show for 17 years now. It was kinda like tradition having it there.

But there are sooooo much better places to eat in Nashville. Lol

Crown tour 2017.

sTr9s9L.jpg

Decidedly avoiding the "Swamp Tour".

Muncie looks like a pretty big show early in the tour. Five of the 12 finalists (up from 3 in 2016). Plus Scouts. Anyone know if this has been a well-attended show in the past?

Muncie looks like a pretty big show early in the tour. Five of the 12 finalists (up from 3 in 2016). Plus Scouts. Anyone know if this has been a well-attended show in the past?

Well, most of the stadium is filled with high schoolers attending Music For All's Summer Symposium, so I'd say it's well attended.
  • Like 1