Isn't is time for the 2017 schedule to be released?

2 minutes ago, aLittleBird said:

I'm not sure that they're being bitter if these nameless corps are skipping a show one day to drive a few hundred miles to an arguably more important one the very next day. If I remember right, it's one nameless corps' home show? :)

"Bitter" might be considered a value judgement on my part and perhaps not the best use of words here...BUT logistics had absolutely nothing to do with it...that is just a thinly disguised after the matter of the facts excuse...nothing more...

39 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm not exactly happy for the northeastern schedule this season either...due to a couple corps who decided to be bitter I shall not mention here...Fortunate though for me I live close enough to Cadet territory...Allentown is about 2 1/2 hours out...and that a few of their shows are going to be near my area...Harrison's red-bull stadium show is actually the closest a show has been to me since Boston stopped hosting their Bridgeport CT show several years ago...it's just a mere 25 minute drive by car...thank you George!!!!

Yeah.  Things are a lot closer on the east coast.  If I wanted to see SCV live (and who wouldn't) their closest show is nearly 700 miles away.  To be clear, I'm not blaming SCV.  It's impossible to hit every show in the west, especially if you go to Arizona.  Just wish DCI as an organization wouldn't shaft people west of the Mississippi so much every year.  

36 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Yeah.  Things are a lot closer on the east coast.  If I wanted to see SCV live (and who wouldn't) their closest show is nearly 700 miles away.  To be clear, I'm not blaming SCV.  It's impossible to hit every show in the west, especially if you go to Arizona.  Just wish DCI as an organization wouldn't shaft people west of the Mississippi so much every year.  

I hear ya...I think that the national tour is now stretched as much as it can be right now in terms of distance that the corps travel...The days of the regional tours and then final weeks national are long gone...

Not sure about the logistics...but DCI should just break the country up in several quadrants and require corps to participate in all the various quadrants on a rotational basis over a certain time frame of 3 to 5 years...

• Like 1

Schedule isn't so hot for me this year personally...Broken Arrow is a different day, would have a day of nothing on Wednesday, Denton isn't listed on Thursday (rather it's Dallas area this year), don't feel like Houston, and then San Antonio on Saturday.  Might do El Dorado Kansas then Broken Arrow on Tuesday but that leaves a lot of corps off I like to see.  Best option might be Broken Arrow Tuesday, Belton OR Dallas area on Thursday, and if I'm down in Belton might as well do San Antonio on Saturday.  

Though since my only options would equal more corps than last year that's not really a negative.  

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Schedule isn't so hot for me this year personally...Broken Arrow is a different day, would have a day of nothing on Wednesday, Denton isn't listed on Thursday (rather it's Dallas area this year), don't feel like Houston, and then San Antonio on Saturday.  Might do El Dorado Kansas then Broken Arrow on Tuesday but that leaves a lot of corps off I like to see.  Best option might be Broken Arrow Tuesday, Belton OR Dallas area on Thursday, and if I'm down in Belton might as well do San Antonio on Saturday.  

Though since my only options would equal more corps than last year that's not really a negative.  

I usually like to go to early June shows then late July/early Aug ones...This year I've decided to go to these shows due to the lack of early ones:

Wed, Aug 2nd...Harrison NJ...with The Cadets,SCV,BK,Boston,Spirit,Jersey Surf,The Company,Cadets2
Thur, Aug 3rd...Chester, PA...The Cadets, Bluecoats, Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom, Crossmen, Cadets2
Sat, Aug 5th...Allentown, PA...The Academy,BK,Boston,The Cadets,Crown,Cavaliers,Crossmen,Genesis,Jersey Surf,Madison,Oregon Crusaders,SCV,Cascades

Edited by Liahona

Can anyone tell me, how final is the schedule at this point? I'm working on a personal project that requires the full schedule. I know there'll be edits, but will whole shows still be added?

On 1/2/2017 at 9:57 PM, Liahona said:

I usually like to go to early June shows then late July/early Aug ones...This year I've decided to go to these shows due to the lack of early ones:

Wed, Aug 2nd...Harrison NJ...with The Cadets,SCV,BK,Boston,Spirit,Jersey Surf,The Company,Cadets2
Thur, Aug 3rd...Chester, PA...The Cadets, Bluecoats, Crown, Cavaliers, Phantom, Crossmen, Cadets2
Sat, Aug 5th...Allentown, PA...The Academy,BK,Boston,The Cadets,Crown,Cavaliers,Crossmen,Genesis,Jersey Surf,Madison,Oregon Crusaders,SCV,Cascades

There are two shows is just in the Allentown/NJ area  :)

June 30

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211298991

July 2

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965779&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211300130

7 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Those are YEA/Cadets shows -- he's boycotting them :peek:

36 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Those are YEA/Cadets shows -- he's boycotting them :peek:

I take it this is a joke on your part as two of the three I'm attending are Cadet shows...I've attended more Cadet sponsored shows over the years than Boston sponsored ones...The Cadet shows are usually just more convenient for me travel-wise...It seems though the shows are too far for my friends to travel with me to go to them...citing they'd go if the show was "more" local...I doubt it actually...just another excuse IMO...in addition I have friends that make no distinction between DCI, DCA, MFA, BOA at all...to them it's all the same thing...

Edited by Liahona