Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

lets just say organizations all trying to grow and be more butting heads, in many ways fighting over the same turf

You have just described drum corps since it started. LOL.

• Like 1

That's why I also asked if there was past behavior by either The Cadets or Crown that could logically be connected to their supposedly conspiring against Boston.

Boycotting shows is nothing new. Corps have been doing it at least since the 1968 boycott of American Legion Nationals. The original DCI member corps (Cadets being one) boycotted AL and VFW Nationals, then added World Open to the boycott list when they refused to let DCI pick their judging panel.

There have been other odd patterns to how certain corps select (and avoid) certain shows in more recent times. My understanding is that there was some petulance involved. But I have not bothered to meet the evidentiary burden that DCP litigators will demand.

Of course, there was a time in 2010 when (a group of seven corps that shall not be named) threatened to boycott DCI shows and run their own tour. Cadets and Crown were both among those seven corps.

Ya know, it's rather funny ... most here on DCP decry the G7, who felt that they were the most important thing about DCI.

And yet here on DCP, if you look at the number of posts on the "2017" threads for each corps:

• Total G7 corps' posts: 3,031
  • Total non-G7 corps' posts: 1,583
  • Total non-G7 corps' posts excluding Boston: 377
  • Non-G7 corps' for whom I could not even find a 2017 thread: 5

And Boston's popularity is clearly an aberration this year, since they are already up to 1,206 posts, whereas last year at this point, despite having announced their show, they were only at 233 posts.

Just some food for thought.

And Boston's popularity is clearly an aberration this year, since they are already up to 1,206 posts, whereas last year at this point, despite having announced their show, they were only at 233 posts.

Just some food for thought.

The difference between last year and this year though is the massive staff changes at BAC, and the conspiracy theories about how it happened, boycotting shows, and other nonsense that people sit behind screen names to fill DCP with.

Had Boston not created all the buzz with the staff changes, they would have about the same amount of posts as last year, IMO. Well, maybe a few more due to the keyboard player, but not the "hysteria" that seems to have been created.

The difference between last year and this year though is the massive staff changes at BAC, and the conspiracy theories about how it happened, boycotting shows, and other nonsense that people sit behind screen names to fill DCP with.

Had Boston not created all the buzz with the staff changes, they would have about the same amount of posts as last year, IMO. Well, maybe a few more due to the keyboard player, but not the "hysteria" that seems to have been created.

Indeed. Corporate raiding comes to drum corps.

And in the end, despite everyone's reliable and trusted sources, it's all still a rumor and will remain so. I doubt you'll hear any official statements from anyone.

Boston Crusaders publicized the staff changes, but I'm not sure I'd say they created the hysteria. Talk was rampant all last season that it would be the last season for some of the staff members of one of the corps, talk at Allentown and Indy as to where the staff members would go, and there's been word of all kinds of behind the scenes drama and infighting at this corps. I think Boston got caught up in the hysteria that was already started, and if these folks went to another corps, chances are that corps would be the center of attention.

I am posturing the reaction of the BAC homers on this thread against a horizon of victimhood from G-7. It's apparent from the vitriol inserted amidst the questions, speculations, rumors and retorts that more than whether two corps attend a certain drum corps show is at work or what instructor teaches where. Boston College Eagles will certainly survive even if their stadium is not used during this summer.

In all I think the thread has moved past the question the other OP asked in another thread and which Ghost carried over in this; maybe it's time for the moderators to close the thread after consultation with a Ghost.

I don't see in this thread where there has been a conspiracy purported by any BAC "Homer". I hate that term. It seems to be used in a derogatory way. I think you may be reading into this a bit too much. You also use the term vitriol a bit loosely IMO. Are there passionate responses about the subject matter and the messengers delivery of the content and the subsequent integrity being questioned? I would agree with an assessment along those lines but I don't see it rising to vitriol.
  • Like 1

I think the poster you responded to mixed his Lances with his Tesmusics who said he had spoken to someone on the DCI BoD and someone else who was an employee of DCI's front office. Their take seemed to be at odds with what the rumor mill was propagandizing. Cf. post 101 of this thread.

Hey X, you are correct. I thought I was being careful to not being accurate and respond to the appropriate DCP'r. I apologize for my errant response.

Boston Crusaders publicized the staff changes, but I'm not sure I'd say they created the hysteria. Talk was rampant all last season that it would be the last season for some of the staff members of one of the corps, talk at Allentown and Indy as to where the staff members would go, and there's been word of all kinds of behind the scenes drama and infighting at this corps. I think Boston got caught up in the hysteria that was already started, and if these folks went to another corps, chances are that corps would be the center of attention.

Was there this much handwringing and speculation and angst (not Aungst) when in past years other key/high profile staffers moved from one corps to another. I am not sure on details but I think names like Rennick and Shaw were mentioned in the past, moving from one organization to an equally competitive organization. I could very well be wrong so if I mam, please feel free to educate me on circumstances surrounding other staff moves over the past years.