SCV Rose Bowl Parade

Hallmark also shows SCV at the end of their broadcast.

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

Scroll down a bit and you'll find a commentary-free video! 

http://ktla.com/2017/01/02/watch-live-the-128th-rose-parade-presented-by-honda/

Thanks for sharing that link. In that video, most of the corps can be seen at the 2-minute mark, providing a nice fanfare on the lawn where the Tournament of Roses president kicks off the event. And then SCV's guard is featured prominently in the opening number.

SCV looked and sounded great. They were fantastic (both corps proper and guard) kicking the parade off in big way and then as the final parade act just looked and sounded spectacular - very very very well done! Wow!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

SCV looked and sounded great. They were fantastic (both corps proper and guard) kicking the parade off in big way and then as the final parade act just looked and sounded spectacular - very very very well done! Wow!

It's just too dam bad that many got a couple of snippets of their appearance. 

My son reported back that when a float broke down in front of them further along the parade route they stopped, turned and played "The Canyon" to the spectators. Can you imagine how loud that was...?  

Hallmark or HGTV, every year, if you want to have at least a chance of seeing/hearing all the musical units in this parade.

• Like 2

Just now getting to see this. Only one tenor drum?

Also I just now realized, SCV skipped the Rose Bowl show last season; somewhat ironic they were the corps at the parade.

2 hours ago, ouooga said:

Just now getting to see this. Only one tenor drum?

Also I just now realized, SCV skipped the Rose Bowl show last season; somewhat ironic they were the corps at the parade.

I have a feeling that some of the members were defaulted into holding up the "Thank :flower: You" sign as they were dressed in the SCVC uniforms like the rest of the drumline.  I imagine a few of them were also the pit during Bandfest.

And I'm going to guess the Rose Parade doesn't have much to do with the Rose Bowl show in the summer.