2017 Uniform Thread

23 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Ya I gotcha. I'm the last guy from whom you want to obtain anything insightful about uniforms, but in watching a vid of the "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" encore at the sendoff show (posted on BK family page, sorry), it looked to me like the high brass have very similar, if not identical coloring to the"iris" -- a light blue but not quite teal/aqua. Low brass has a deeper, more truly royal blue. Percussion -- both battery and FE -- have a green/teal color. The color guard, all assembled behind the brass/perc during the encore, had a wider array of colors going on, mostly in the earthy/brown/yellow/maybesomethingelse colors.

And the purple? Couldn't tell ya. Didn't really spot it in the video. Conductors/DMs, maybe?

Purple are Tuba Line.

23 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Ya I gotcha. I'm the last guy from whom you want to obtain anything insightful about uniforms, but in watching a vid of the "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" encore at the sendoff show (posted on BK family page, sorry), it looked to me like the high brass have very similar, if not identical coloring to the"iris" -- a light blue but not quite teal/aqua. Low brass has a deeper, more truly royal blue. Percussion -- both battery and FE -- have a green/teal color. The color guard, all assembled behind the brass/perc during the encore, had a wider array of colors going on, mostly in the earthy/brown/yellow/maybesomethingelse colors.

And the purple? Couldn't tell ya. Didn't really spot it in the video. Conductors/DMs, maybe?

I think this is the year we can officially quit calling them uniforms and call them costumes.  BK is the perfect example... there's NOTHING "uniform" about their "costumes."  :blink:

• Like 1

Crown... 

I kinda like the uniform proper...

The silly hats are just that... silly... but I'm not all up in arms about that but... 

Those shoes...

Looks like they had some left over white shoes that they badly spray painted grey. They really need to fix that hot mess.

spike-lee.jpg

IT'S GOTTA BE DA SHOES!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

I think this is the year we can officially quit calling them uniforms and call them costumes.  BK is the perfect example... there's NOTHING "uniform" about their "costumes."  :blink:

*cough*  '76 Bridgemen (re Hoffman's original idea), '87 Sky Ryders, and '11 Cadets would like a work with you.

42 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

*cough*  '76 Bridgemen (re Hoffman's original idea), '87 Sky Ryders, and '11 Cadets would like a work with you.

Okay, '11 Cadets just switched out the colors.  The uniform was the same.  Technically though, you're right.  I don't recall seeing video of '87 Ryders so I missed that one.  I guess I just liked seeing the drill forms be "uniform" because they all wore the same "uniform."  Breaking sections out into different uniforms kind of ruins the continuity of the drill for me.

And *cough* you forgot one.  '86 SCV the Russian costumes at the beginning of the show.  Each section wore a different costume.  So now we're both screwed!    :blow:

Absolute fire! Love it Blue Stars!

• Like 1

Maybe the 1985 Sacramento Freelancers were prophets...Throw away the West Point Style Uniforms for overlays that change color....add some sort of moveable staging and play music from one composer. Only 2 corps in finals had "titles" to their show. "Take em to the beach Suncoast!"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Blue Stars:

19399030_10154415483436923_6874706118416

Another uniform that I like...

I'm turning into a softy in my middle age.. I like most of these new uniforms!

• Like 2