Pick one show you are glad you saw live

1979 North Star.

• Like 3

2003 Phantom at finals in Orlando.  So much crowd energy during that ending.

2014 Bluecoats.  Saw it in San Antonio, but for better or worse, Drum Corps design changed that day.

• Like 2

1997 SCV finals. waiting for retreat.

If I had to do just one - 1988 Scouts

Brasso, I couldn't stop, I had to keep going!  Probably too many shows so my brain is solidified in the area that remembers shows, so...........

1973 Troopers

1974 Muchachos

1975 27th Lancers, Muchachos, Scouts

1976 Blue Devils

1977 Phantom Regiment

1978 Crossmen, Bridgemen, North Star, Kilties

1979 Phantom Regiment, Bridgemen, Guardsmen

1980 Spirit of Atlanta, Crossmen, Cavies

1981 Bridgemen, Scouts, 27th Lancers, Blue Devils

1982 Freelancers, Cadets, Scouts, Blue Devils

1983 Cadets

1984 Cadets

1988 Scouts, Velvet Knights, Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment, Suncoast Sound

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard, Phantom Regiment

1992 Cavies, Cadets, Crossmen, Blue Devils, Velvet Knights

1995 Scouts

2001 Cavies

2011 Cadets, Blue Devils

2013 Carolina Crown, Cadets

2015 Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown

2016 Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Santa Clara Vanguard, Cavies

• Like 1

Just picking one isn't possible...

.Crown 2013 at finals....there's special about watching a corps win their first title after rooting for them obsessively all season long and hearing the fans around you cheering them on with you. 

then again in 2014 at finals watching Bloo take the silver...you could feel how much they wanted that spot....

and again in 2014... BD performing a show that was 0.35 points from perfection.

I'll carry those memories for the rest of my life. 

3 hours ago, gak27 said:

My first time attending Finals - 1974

As I recall, we had great seats (35 yd line or so, halfway up - Lord knows how much they would cost today) and the energy in the stadium for the last half of the show was amazing!  My dad's cassette recordings that night still sound pretty good and even on those the energy is palpable.

My first time was at Whitewater in 73.  74 was an incredible year.  The excitement was something that pulsed through the stadium and when the trumpeter sounded the call for the Muchachos, the whole place went crazy and from there on in, it was flat out crazy.  The only time I've felt that again - at a Drum Corps show was Madison's performances in Kansas City (when they started Malagueña and when they did the move into the dense triangle for the end push, you could not hear yourself - the crowd seemed to literally pull the sound out of them) and when they announced Santa Clara in second place I've never seen or heard a reaction like that (very close was the WGI Finals in 83 when the Cavies won finals by the slimmest of margins with as close to a perfect show as I've ever witnessed with their James Bond show).  Strangers were hugging in the stands, high giving, screaming, it was a pleasure to see and hear!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 4:30 PM, Terri Schehr said:

1972 Anaheim Kingsmen at finals. 

I wish I could have been there for that!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

My first time was at Whitewater in 73.  74 was an incredible year.  The excitement was something that pulsed through the stadium and when the trumpeter sounded the call for the Muchachos, the whole place went crazy and from there on in, it was flat out crazy.  The only time I've felt that again - at a Drum Corps show was Madison's performances in Kansas City (when they started Malagueña and when they did the move into the dense triangle for the end push, you could not hear yourself - the crowd seemed to literally pull the sound out of them) and when they announced Santa Clara in second place I've never seen or heard a reaction like that (very close was the WGI Finals in 83 when the Cavies won finals by the slimmest of margins with as close to a perfect show as I've ever witnessed with their James Bond show).  Strangers were hugging in the stands, high giving, screaming, it was a pleasure to see and hear!

Clearly, you were not in Bloomington in 2008.  :sigh:

All others pale in comparison to THAT crowd response.

My first was 1973, too.

Edited by garfield