2017 Uniform Database

Nice job to get the Crown snares to have their feet touching, but three ticks for the right hands on the outside of the left arms and another three for the left hands not on the outside of the right arms!    :peek: 

10 hours ago, Brass34 said:

Ashamed? Uhh no. Welcome to the 21st century. Men shouldnt be "ashamed" to read romance novels. 

Actually, anyone who reads a romance novel should be ashamed, but that's a different argument ...

As far as the masculinity of fashion, let's not kid ourselves that we're all so forward thinking that the 21st C. is the first time a society has condoned similar male fashion.    One difference of note:  the guys in these pictures were dressing this way in everyday life, not just in a costume art performance.    For all those saying "we're comfortable enough in our manliness" ... how many of you are dressing this way as you go to work or class each day?  

Image result for men's fashion 1600Image result for men's fashion 1400

Image result for pelucas del siglo xviiiImage result for ancient greece clothing for men

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Actually, anyone who reads a romance novel should be ashamed, but that's a different argument ...

As far as the masculinity of fashion, let's not kid ourselves that we're all so forward thinking that the 21st C. is the first time a society has condoned similar male fashion.    One difference of note:  the guys in these pictures were dressing this way in everyday life, not just in a costume art performance.    For all those saying "we're comfortable enough in our manliness" ... how many of you are dressing this way as you go to work or class each day?  

Image result for ancient greece clothing for men

TOGA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Like 1

My annual show request is Scarlet Pimpernel.  If ever done, the mm costumes would offer all kinds of colors.

The only video for the costumes in this scene that I could locate.

A better audio of the above scene.

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

My annual show request is Scarlet Pimpernel.  If ever done, the mm costumes would offer all kinds of colors.

The only video for the costumes in this scene that I could locate.

A better audio of the above scene.

OT: I loved that show. I saw it in NY after they retooled it, during the "Frank Wildhorn Broadway era"!   :bored:

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

OT: I loved that show. I saw it in NY after they retooled it, during the "Frank Wildhorn Broadway era"!   :bored:

Some great music that any corps could do well and some, really well.

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Some great music that any corps could do well and some, really well.

Agree. If I recall, Crown did  "Jekyll and Hyde" (also Wildhorn) show gong back to the early 2000's.

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Here's a full picture of this year's Mandarins uniform.

FINALLY!!!! A nice traditional classy uniform with a modern touch... :)

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3