2017 Uniform Database

17 minutes ago, Double.D said:

Santa Clara

19441770_10155226789965336_6721436494488

Looks like something out of game of thrones 

30 minutes ago, Double.D said:

Santa Clara

Oooooooooh, that's pretty! Only gripe is the probable lack of Aussies and green...

1 hour ago, Double.D said:

Santa Clara

It's safe to assume that almost everyone is hoping on the 'Coats '16 trend now.  I don't mind if a couple of corps do it but now almost everyone is already there.  I imagine next season the ones who have yet to crossover (Crown, Blue Stars, presumably BD) will probably do so.  I did not expect this from SCV.    

I'm not complaining, at the end of the night as long as the performers are learning and having the experience of a lifetime that is all that matters.  This is just so much change to absorb in one season.  I can't recall a season that saw as much change out of the gate as this one so far.  We still have yet to see Madison....... 

6 minutes ago, Mac13 said:

It's safe to assume that almost everyone is hoping on the 'Coats '16 trend now.  I don't mind if a couple of corps do it but now almost everyone is already there.  I imagine next season the ones who have yet to crossover (Crown, Blue Stars, presumably BD) will probably do so.  I did not expect this from SCV.    

I'm not complaining, at the end of the night as long as the performers are learning and having the experience of a lifetime that is all that matters.  This is just so much change to absorb in one season.  I can't recall a season that saw as much change out of the gate as this one so far.  We still have yet to see Madison....... 

This was obviously going to happen; despite the many nay sayers, other corps follow the leader.  Happens with BD, happened with Bluecoats.

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

This was obviously going to happen; despite the many nay sayers, other corps follow the leader.  Happens with BD, happened with Bluecoats.

True, this has been evident for decades.  It seems this year though corps are following the leader more blindly than ever before.  We're seeing an unprecedented change top to bottom of uniforms and visual design.  Even when BD does something "revolutionary", a couple world class corps follow but not 80% of them like this year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mac13 said:

True, this has been evident for decades.  It seems this year though corps are following the leader more blindly than ever before.  We're seeing an unprecedented change top to bottom of uniforms and visual design.  Even when BD does something "revolutionary", a couple world class corps follow but not 80% of them like this year.

Yup!  I completely agree.  This is almost like the shift huge shift in show design that happened between 1983 to 1984

The is a big shift, imho.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yup!  I completely agree.  This is almost like the shift huge shift in show design that happened between 1983 to 1984

The is a big shift, imho.

Exactly, and just like '83-'84, '16-'17 will definitely be one for the history books.

On another note, I'm curious how comfortable these new uniforms/costumes are compared to the traditional ones most of us are used to marching in.  I imagine they'd feel something like the morph suit below I once attempted to wear (note: NOT me in this pic...you don't want to see that :wacko:). Comfortable and flexible...but I felt exposed the entire time if you know what I mean...:ph34r:  ANYWAY....back to the database so we don't get merged.

black_1.1490127744.jpg

Edited by Mac13
  • Like 1

I'm already sick of seeing "muffin tops" and bulges..

3 hours ago, Double.D said:

Santa Clara

Yuk.