DCI Spring Training Finale Thread!

Blue Stars had a ton of dead air in their show - little pauses and big pauses - but I'm assuming more runs will take care of that. 

Not sure what to think of Cavs yet. Then again, I did *not* like Propaganda at the start of the tour either.

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Funny...

cavies use electronics = too much

bloo use electronics= the next coming

and before people criticize the amount of time the Cavies play maybe they should watch a few other corps first. 

<I'm sure someone will pull out a stopwatch during the course of the season and be sure to let us know>

I was about to mention this lol, cavies used way less electronics than bloo last year. And they didn't even audio record their brass and have it play back.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Blue Stars had a ton of dead air in their show - little pauses and big pauses - but I'm assuming more runs will take care of that. 

Not sure what to think of Cavs yet. Then again, I did *not* like Propaganda at the start of the tour either.

Mike

Very early, I'm 100% sure they'll have transitions and the dead air worked out. They're pretty good at transitions from what's I've seen in the past few seasons

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Okay. 

Not really sure why they didn't adjust the times based on the storm. Did we really need to hear all the talk????

cavies obviously rushed on the field. You could see it in the guys faces. Didn't even know if performance was going on. Quick check on the electronics led to problems. Sound cutting in and out. 

Weather playing huge issue with sound and performance obviously. Problems were there from the beginning.Not sure how anyone can form a judgement on anything. 

Seeing a show this complex for the first time in multicam makes it really difficult to form any type of opinion. 

What I did see was a great building block of a show.Has the design of a top program.

already laughing at some of the critics on here bashing a brassline that was playing in high winds with rain and lightning.

Totally agree. One of the mic stands fell over a few minutes into their performance as well which really had an effect on the sound.  Very excited to see the whole show on Thursday!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

wow - I think they pushed it a little too close with pending lightening. Hope everyone gets in out of the open safely!

So - Cavaliers look fantastic with what should be a very strong program this year. I'd currently put them on par with Crown. Cavaliers show structure gives them plenty of space for any adjustments and I'm sure a bunch of layering is also planned. That looks like a top 4 program to me - but it will get very "crowded" at the top this year from everything we are seeing & hearing. 

I also saw the Cadets run tonight - they are cleaning quickly and improved from the night prior but Cavaliers program is more complete and clean at this time. I'd put them a competitive level (ie: 3 points) ahead of Cadets right  now. Crown probably close to Cavaliers and we'll have to see where Coats fit in (#1?) on Thursday

The season is really rolling out to be a strong one. Better than last year? At this early juncture I'd say YES - so far I've seen 8 corps complete programs and 7 of the 8 I would say are improved over 2016!

C'mon. Who is the 1? In your opinion, of course.

Just now, George Dixon said:

BD

Thanks! I'm the guy who stated in another thread that I have a BD problem. I never really get exited over their shows. So if you're right, it won't change much for me.

32 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Thanks! I'm the guy who stated in another thread that I have a BD problem. I never really get exited over their shows. So if you're right, it won't change much for me.

Really?  This show should be easier to grasp.  If your problem is with them winning...I'm not sure I can take you seriously.

4 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Really?  This show should be easier to grasp.  If your problem is with them winning...I'm not sure I can take you seriously.

The show seems to be a literal progression of old school to modern BD. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning to the show that I wont know about until BD360 videos explain it, but I think the main premise is pretty easy to figure out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The show seems to be a literal progression of old school to modern BD. I'm sure there's some deeper meaning to the show that I wont know about until BD360 videos explain it, but I think the main premise is pretty easy to figure out

precisely