Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

I'm kind of shocked at Boston's guard score, and pleasantly surprised with their brass spread.  Will be interesting to see if they continue this far behind the pack in GE.

Didn't the three corps ahead of them perform more GE?

Cadets guard is very good. I thought so Thursday. Brass and percussion should improve with time. Glad to see their visual issues have been addressed. 

• Like 4

Boston closer to Cadets than Cadets are to Crown. 

Intrigue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Wow, Bluecoats won brass tonight. that's impressive!

It also goes to show that the perception of Crown's dominance there has a LOT to do with the masterful voice/part writing that they have going for them... but it may not always equate to the best outcome.  Bluecoats have also had a very good showing in brass in the slightly distant past (placing 1st going into finals in 2009-10-ish, I think)... great teaching in brass at Bluecoats for nearly 2 decades now.

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

A 68 for Boston is a nice start.  They haven't scored that high for the first show since 2012's 69 in Clovis, CA.  Well done.

The small spread with those ahead of them is even more encouraging, imo

• Like 4

Just now, BRASSO said:

The small spread with those ahead of them is even more encouraging, imo

Oh... I'm feeling good about my Week #0 predictions... anxious for those calculations!!!  I think I had only a slightly wider spread between them.

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

It also goes to show that the perception of Crown's dominance there has a LOT to do with the masterful voice/part writing that they have going for them... but it may not always equate to the best outcome.  Bluecoats have also had a very good showing in brass in the slightly distant past (placing 1st going into finals in 2009-10-ish, I think)... great teaching in brass at Bluecoats for nearly 2 decades now.

Bluecoats brass sure are something speical. That closer really lets them show off just how good they are. However it's pretty early and I think Crowns book is harder. I expect Crown and Bloo to trade off Visual prof. and brass show to show.

Just now, Brass Lover said:

Bluecoats brass sure are something speical. That closer really lets them show off just how good they are. However it's pretty early and I think Crowns book is harder. I expect Crown and Bloo to trade off Visual prof. and brass show to show.

no doubt...

But BD... is going to be tough to deal with for everyone.

• Like 3