Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

4 hours ago, kevingamin said:

Huge sound as the corps comes front and center on the main statement of Nessun Dorma! People are standing up! That is a moment, people!!!

Agreed! The Troopers got a standing ovation with a quarter of their show still to come.

I knew this show was about the Salem witch trials, but I didn't know they were planning on using a stockade, gallows, and burning at the stake. Uh oh...

No burning tonight, I think. And of course, as we discussed here a few days ago, there was no burning at the stake in the actual Salem witch trials.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Agreed! The Troopers got a standing ovation with a quarter of their show still to come.

I agree with your agreed!  Troopers earned a couple of standing ovations.  They had a powerhouse of a hornline.

• Like 1

Nice pentagram form during the end, too. 

That set also appeared early in their opener.

Heh. They put her in the stocks for singing in drum corps. :D

Post of the day, maybe of the week!

4 hours ago, cadet_mellos said:

The 18 mph wind didn't blow a sabre and chop off a witch head?

No, but I hear they're in talks with Kathy Griffin to design their next show.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Was that the year the snare line just kept getting bigger and bigger, or was that 1988?

Correction, 1988. from the Bluecoats website: 

"The planning for the 1988 season was to be bigger and bolder. ...the drum solo was enhanced to include a record-setting 20 snares doing drum to drum stick work that moved laterally across the field to the 50 yard line, then back marched and pinwheeled to present the soprano solo the prefaced the final chords."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Good call. When was the last time Crusaders were only a point (OK, a point and five hundredths) back from the Cadets?

Around 1980.

I'll have some more comments tomorrow, for now I'll need to head to bed.

The one thing I wanted to say to you numbers wonks is DO NOT make evaluations or slotting or whatever based on the scores from the shows, they literally mean nothing because it's too early.  I know Cadets were 3 pointed a few days ago by Cavs but don't believe the numbers.  Cadet's show was freaking unbelievable and it was obvious there is a large chunk of the show missing.

I don't know the numbers on Boston, but DO believe that have a tremendous horn line and GREAT drums.

DO believe that Crown's hornline is a monster this year.  Their articulation and horn impacts early in the show is off the charts.  The singer's role has to go.  It is a CRIME to cover that magnificent horn line with a solo vocalist.  I love Crown and I'm just a fan, but I heard others around me make the same comment.

DO believe that Blucoats can go back-to-back championships.  This year has nothing to do with last year.  My observation is from what Bluecoats are doing, here and now.  They have no weaknesses, and LOTS of GE all over the place.  This is a championship show.

• Like 4

The scoreboard guy is playing this video and he is now my bestest friend ever.

Performing their 2018 production, "That Log Had a Child", Drum Corps International is proud to present . . .

• Like 1