Massillon, Ohio 2017 version 1

54 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

What is different today from 1692 however is that so long as they break no laws they can worship or non worship as they see fit without fear of government arrest and prosecution, torture and death.

No, what is different today from 1692 and today is that in 1692 DCI used soprano bugles.  Today we use trumpets.

Some days I miss the good times from 1692, but I've accepted we can't go back.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Thanks for the review.  I was waiting for someone to mention the euphonium solo in Bluecoats ballad.  It was killing me. I was wincing in the theater Thursday.  I agree, get that boy a better horn. 

I couldn't tell if it was the young man, his embouchure, or the horn. But I never liked Yamaha concert Euphs during all my band directing years. They are horrible.  Bessons or Wilsons were what we would buy for the better players.  They may also have to re-voice the solo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

No, what is different today from 1692 and today is that in 1692 DCI used soprano bugles.  Today we use trumpets.

Sometimes I miss the good times from 1692, but I've accepted we can't go back.

I hated the attire of 1692 . The woolen fabrics alone made me itch back then.  I like todays Corps attire much better. Its more breathable in the hot, humid summers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I couldn't tell if it was the young man, his embouchure, or the horn. But I never liked Yamaha concert Euphs during all my band directing years. They are horrible.  Bessons or Wilsons were what we would buy for the better players.  They may also have to re-voice the solo. 

I think you're correct.  I'm a French horn player but to me, that seems very near the top of the range. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Here is a link to my full review of last night's show.  All the corps were fantastic! 

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jonathan-willis/drum-bugle-corps-massillon-oh/10154434340700806/

Fantastic analysis!  You had some interesting and actually shocking conclusions I think some would find surprising, in particular the order of the top corps you found enjoyable.  I was there (as you know ;) ) and your picks are well justified.

If you don't mind a suggestion, post the body of the text here so people can read it and comment on it.

15 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Fantastic analysis!  You had some interesting and actually shocking conclusions I think some would find surprising, in particular the order of the top corps you found enjoyable.  I was there (as you know ;) ) and your picks are well justified.

If you don't mind a suggestion, post the body of the text here so people can read it and comment on it.

I tried to post everything here and in the reviews forum. I kept getting a weird 500 server error message. It was really frustrating, so I just had to post a link. 

Post Edited: 

Review deleted by me.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Review deleted by me.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 5

I think I have seen this single poster's review in like 5 places now... good grief, enough already. We GOT it... ( haha!)

Just now, BRASSO said:

I think I have seen this single poster's review in like 5 places now... good grief, enough already. We GOT it... ( haha!)

Well I had not seen it and a lot of other people have not either.  If you want to criticize anybody, criticize me as I am the one who reproduced the text.

There are some interesting observations he had.  Do you have any relevant comments related to the topic?