2017 Rankings

1 hour ago, Bucbari said:

I'll be watching on Flo, but one of the things I hate being out here in utah is not seeing any shows live.   I hope the people in White Sabers forgive me and not take my question the wrong way, but are they for real?  They're nipping at Cabs heels for 2nd place and I can't wait to see them!!

I saw them a few weeks ago. They're for real. It will be fun to see what happens with them and Cabs (and others).

Edited by Name

2 hours ago, BigW said:

The Sabres are the real thing, George. Very, very intense.

The really amazing thing is that only a few seasons ago in 2012 the question on this sort of thread was 'Do you think Sabers will be able to make it back into Finals in Class A?'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Name said:

I saw them a few weeks ago. They're for real. It will be fun to see what happens with them and Cabs (and others).

White Sabers have beaten Cabs and been close in defeat. They're for real 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

White Sabers have beaten Cabs and been close in defeat. They're for real 

Saw White Sabers last night in Reading. Meh...I guess they are OK. Now on the other hand, the Buccaneers are magnificent. Boggles my mind the performance levels a weekend only corps can achieve! The staff at Reading has created a wonderful product this season. The only competition is for 2nd. The crew from Reading will add another championship to their amazing record next weekend. What an amazing organization. It's almost not fair...the Buccaneers are on a whole different level than their competitors. Wow Buccaneers!

40 minutes ago, dans said:

Saw White Sabers last night in Reading. Meh...I guess they are OK. Now on the other hand, the Buccaneers are magnificent. Boggles my mind the performance levels a weekend only corps can achieve! The staff at Reading has created a wonderful product this season. The only competition is for 2nd. The crew from Reading will add another championship to their amazing record next weekend. What an amazing organization. It's almost not fair...the Buccaneers are on a whole different level than their competitors. Wow Buccaneers!

Ok just buy tickets for prelimns see all the corps things don\t change much at finals,yall know who\s gonna win so why bother with finals .lol.Did that the last few times i went to DCA got a good nights sleep on sunday night ,back in the car early monday for the 10 hour drive home .

Edited by Florida Sun

12 hours ago, scottmkeen said:

The DCA rule basically allows for 17 minutes from the entry of corps proper until everyone/everything is off the field.  Pit and props are allowed to enter a little earlier,  and if the judge feels that they are taking too long to set up the pit,  A one point penalty may be assessed if a warning was given first. 

If they were over 17 minutes they should have been given the penalty. Isn't that why there is a penalty and timing judge? 

Edited by Jim Schehr

31 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

Ok just buy tickets for prelimns see all the corps things don\t change much at finals,yall know who\s gonna win so why bother with finals .lol.Did that the last few times i went to DCA got a good nights sleep on sunday night ,back in the car early monday for the 10 hour drive home .

Are you saying there's a corps good enough to challenge the Bucs? There really isn't...that's pretty obvious.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

That is what I do, plus you get to see everyone, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am really glad I went to prelims in Annap and got to see Heartliner, I remember lots of people were upset they didn't see them. This year there isn't  a huge amount of corps but still there are 3 or 4 corps you will miss if you only go to finals.  Plus you pay less and get better seats. I guess the downside is you are out in the sun all afternoon and some shows may look better under the lights.

• Like 1