Allentown: An American Tradition - June 30, 2017

More Allentown rain stories: 

Cavaliers 1993 performing in a downpour.

Glassmen 2004 being pulled off field in the middle of their show, then doing their show after a long delay.

I was at both shows. Before my time, there is a story about rain the night before, and a helicopter being brought in to hover over the field in order to dry it out before a.m. prelims.

I think all DCI shows are no refunds... if it makes you feel better, the shows still have to pay the corps (I think), so your money is going to a good cause.

If you want good tickets, you have to buy and cross your fingers.  I bought my August Allentown tickets when they went on sale last fall, so obviously no way to know the weather.  That is definitely 1 positive of the indoor shows.  You know there won't be a rainout. 

• Like 1

Pretty much why I only go to dome shows now.  SA each year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, geluf said:

Pretty much why I only go to dome shows now.  SA each year.

Can you imagine if Lucas Oil wasn't a dome in 2011? The rain was so bad that night, it caused a concert stage to collapse and people were killed. 

Just got back from a disappointing trip to Allentown.  First time I attended a drum corps show that was cancelled in 20 years.  I really wanted to see the Cadets show and had a first time drum corps attender there too.  Now, I can't wait until DCI East!  

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

It poured in 2011 in August. Then it stopped for a couple hours. Soon-after Cadets finished performing, the rain started up again. #AllentownDrumCorpsChronicles

I remember sitting in the stadium with my rain poncho on.  It was raining on Crown's performance.