Allentown: An American Tradition - June 30, 2017

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Whether they reach 74 or 75 may be wishful thinking, but stranger things have happened. That being said, a home show with a friendly crowd usually results in a good performance, so their best score of the season is not a stretch.  

Good job of undermining the result before it happens just in case 

could it be they just earn a higher score because they are good?

Also somewhat a hometown crowd for Crossmen and Surf too

its great when the corps get to perform in front of alumni, family and friends!

hopefully a good night for all!

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, Shewhois said:

I heard Genesis used Cadet's housing site for a night because they got locked out of theirs. Nice gesture

Yeah and the corps all agreed to let them go on last 

4 hours ago, garfield said:

If I understand my brother's gibberish as he excitedly described, he's judging music at this show.   He's been judging for USBands for a number of years but this is his first DCI gig.  He's pretty excited, and "scared to death" at the same time.

If he's in the proper judging uniform, he'll get no complaints from "the judges uniform police".

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Hoping Cadets top a 74 or 75 tonight - they didn't have the greatest run in Pittsburgh so hoping they do tonight!

With their ending added (your guess), and a 72 on the 27th, 74 is not a long reach.

I'm very interested to see the results of Jersey Surf's debut tonight. I think debuting within a point - point and a half of Genesis would be a nice start for the corps that would set them up for a season that ends with playing in the Friday show, which I assume is a main goal the 2017 Surf.

I really enjoy this corps and their mission and purpose and want the best for them. After a good few years of meandering (too fun and no design, too serious and not entertaining), this show initially looks like they've struck a good marriage of entertaining, current, and well-designed. A few murmurs from the members in the off season leads me to believe that they've set themselves up for a good season that is both fun and competitive. We shall see tonight!! Best of luck on your 2017 competitive debut, Surf!!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

With their ending added (your guess), and a 72 on the 27th, 74 is not a long reach.

They are not using the new ending until next weekend or so from what I've heard 

5 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I'm very interested to see the results of Jersey Surf's debut tonight. I think debuting within a point - point and a half of Genesis would be a nice start for the corps that would set them up for a season that ends with playing in the Friday show, which I assume is a main goal the 2017 Surf.

I really enjoy this corps and their mission and purpose and want the best for them. After a good few years of meandering (too fun and no design, too serious and not entertaining), this show initially looks like they've struck a good marriage of entertaining, current, and well-designed. A few murmurs from the members in the off season leads me to believe that they've set themselves up for a good season that is both fun and competitive. We shall see tonight!! Best of luck on your 2017 competitive debut, Surf!!!!

Sounds great. Like you I greatly admire the organization and its mission. Hoping they have a great year!

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Hope the corps making their debut (and the judges) have a great night!

Hoping Cadets top a 74 or 75 tonight - they didn't have the greatest run in Pittsburgh so hoping they do tonight!

what?

The previous score is a ??? 71.?? and you are looking for 3-4 points? Must be nice to wake and bake. 

72 or a 73 is a bit more realistic. And that is based on performance which I'm sure will be good. 

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Speaking of Surf, I really want to see the uniforms they'll debut tonight. I'm expecting something very costume-like and radically different from last year.

I too would like to see a radical departure from their current uniform. They first wore it in 2010 and I didn't like it then. I have no idea why so many fans always loved them so much. Nothing about those uniforms say "Jersey" or "Surf". 

• Like 1