Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

From here on didn't make sense last week in Stanford, but it works for me now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm interested in seeing what BK is doing with color this year. Particularly with those uniforms 

The guard is kind of killing them, in my opinion.  Just some very poor design choices overall.  Lots of badly choreographed prop work (mirros and curved poles have no impact whatsoever) at the expense of more impactful weapon/flag work, and the costume choice is a bad move.  They blend in with the corps proper WAY too much, even after the costume change halfway through.  Would have been better served to do some sort of inverse color or something.

The love affair with mirrors continues.  

• Like 1

I had a buffering issue too but it came back. 

Im so proud of this corps. Over the years they have really shown growth and consistent show quality. I just want to be there when they discuss concepts. 

But their corps has improved too. This is the best bk brassline in corps history (in my opinion). Im not knowledgeable about anything drumline, but people say good things. Their color guard is arguably underutilized this year, but they perform well. 

Great performance from them today. I cant wait until they meet up with the other half of the country. 

• Like 3

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

The guard is kind of killing them, in my opinion.  Just some very poor design choices overall.  Lots of badly choreographed prop work (mirros and curved poles have no impact whatsoever) at the expense of more impactful weapon/flag work, and the costume choice is a bad move.  They blend in with the corps proper WAY too much, even after the costume change halfway through.  Would have been better served to do some sort of inverse color or something.

Yeah. Guard seems a step back sir far design wise. The curved things looked like they were struggling to do things that didn't look sloppy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

BK's guard is gonna have to fight to be in the top 10.

• Like 3