Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl - July 1, 2017

13 minutes ago, Cop said:

I stated this long before scores were announced.  
Maybe even top 12 now...

I think its a design thing rather than a staff or talent thing.  Members and instruction are there, but the way the guard is presented isnt the best.

• Like 2

Last night I emailed FloMarching asking them in future not to cut off the video stream until scores were announced. Today they responded that what I was reporting wasn't a widespread problem and asking what was the last "band" I saw perform before the stream closed? Heh.

• Like 2

Just emailed flo as well regarding the cut of the live feed before the scores were announced.  

Edited by HouserCD
Good news!

11 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

I wonder how much of SCV not beating BD (yet....) is down to the courage of judges?  For example, I do not understand for the life of me, why SCV isn't winning guard right now, by a considerable margin. I've no doubt BD's guard will clean up and add a lot more, but right now I feel that SCV should be ahead 

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I believe that as the season wears on, the judges will get things in line.

I still don't get how BD is winning visual; SCV has way more content.  Yes, SCV took a GE subcaption that I think has to be the visually influenced one, but they should be winning guard right now, and they should be taking at least some of the visual captions.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I believe that as the season wears on, the judges will get things in line.

I still don't get how BD is winning visual; SCV has way more content.  Yes, SCV took a GE subcaption that I think has to be the visually influenced one, but they should be winning guard right now, and they should be taking at least some of the visual captions.

Most years I would disagree, but wholeheartedly agree this year.

• Like 1