1. 1. Who has best vocals this season?

• Carolina Crown
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • None of the above, I just want to hear brass
    • Pre-recorded Vocals, like Cavaliers, Colts, & Blue Devils
    • Pioneer

35 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

but Cavaliers got it right in at least using a pre-recorded vocal track for the few measures of "My Way" in the end of the show

Let's hope it gets fewer.

5 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Let's hope it gets fewer.

I'm not necessarily a fan of it, but it really is only 12 or 14 measures, so it could be worse.

My biggest problem with it is that they don't do any set up for it early in the show. If there's a weakness in the overall design, it's that they don't seem to have connected all the dots yet, though I'm sure they'll have that addressed by Allentown.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

singer from Pioneer is really talented and really knows how to communicate -

singer from BAC was so good on Sunday night in La Crosse you couldn't tell if it was live or if it was Memorex -- very excellent job singing and  with the mix --

I wish Madison would add a singer - it would help with communicating the story --

Edited by Polonius
adding one more thought

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

This

I agree with all this except I think a major portion of For Good would have to be rewritten for the brass line but the rewriting would be totally worth it.

• Like 1

1. No voice 

2. Pre recorded vocals. Blue knights and BD have done prerecorded vocals so so well

3. Cadets this year 

• Like 2

I do see a silver lining here for those that do not like live singing in performance. If a Corps can go safe and " conservative " and score more points for artificial, prerecorded singing in their show, over those that take the "progressive" risk of going with a live performer singing, then Corps will abandon quickly the live singing, and opt instead for the prerecorded faux brand of singing that eliminates or at the least diminishes the risk re. the live singing in the show.. All these things are tested under the judges scrutiny, and in the years to follow, Corps make adjustments in their shows accordingly.

Edited by BRASSO

I actually think Cadets did the best job with vocals this year but since so many people chose to be so obnoxious about Crown's vocalist, I gave my vote to Crown. Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the comments I've read are downright mean. 

28 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I actually think Cadets did the best job with vocals this year but since so many people chose to be so obnoxious about Crown's vocalist, I gave my vote to Crown. Constructive criticism is one thing but some of the comments I've read are downright mean. 

I dig that. Here's the thing - not every design decision made mid-winter is going to knock your socks off. There's some misfires in Crown's show this year - but they are still a very very good corps and the vocalist is quite talented. They'll tweak things a bit and max the show out. The level of vitriol can get a bit much be it a solo singer, a prop people don't like, a show theme etc. It's just drum corps after all - find something you like to watch and put a sock in all the complaining. 

I've been watching live drum corps since 74 and following DCI since 83 - each year I have a few favorite shows, a few shows I enjoy and a few I could do without. Such is life.

• Like 3