Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

14 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Since 2011, Cadets won in 2011, 4th in 2012, 3rd in 2013, 3rd in 2014, 4th in 2015, and 6th in 2016. (4 medal finishes).  

Since 2011, Bluecoats came in 7th in 2011, 6th in 2012, 5th in 2013, 2nd in 2014, 3rd in 2015 and 1st in 2016 (3 medal finishes).

Since 2011, Blue Devils came in 2nd in 2011, 1st in 2012, 2nd in 2013, 1st in 2014, 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2016 (6 medal finishes). 

Since 2011, Crown came in 4th in 2011, 2nd in 2012, 1st in 2013, 5th in 2014, 2nd in 2015, 3rd in 2016 (4 medal finishes). 

Since 2011, Cavaliers came in 3rd in 2011, 8th in 2012, 7th in 2013, 6th in 2014, 9th in 2015, and 5th in 2016 (1 medal finish). 

Since 2011, Santa Clara Vanguard came in 6th in 2011, 5th in 2012, 4th in 2013, 4th in 2014, 5th in 2015, 4th in 2016 (0 medal finishes). 

Cadets have more of a chance of medaling than Cavies and SCV if history serves as a guide, however, they would have to take out either Crown, BD or Bluecoats. Since Bluecoats sits in 1st right now, I can't say for sure, BUT, they only have 3 medals as opposed to Cadets' and Crowns' 4 medals. Blue Devils will be hard to take out since they've been in that medal spot for the past 6 years. 

We'll see what happens. 

I like your analysis but you have to consider that bluecoats 3 medal finishes were each of the last 3 years...and they beat the cadets the past 3 years

Where I live these are the 2 corps with the most exposure and the past 3 years have made a huge difference

Edited by ThePlanets

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Welcome to DCP.  Thanks for your personal comparison assessment after returning from the show. Don't let the cranks on here get to you.  Thanks for providing us your personal opinion.

So if we feel Cadets are good we are labeled "cranks" 

got it. 

50 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I like your analysis but you have to consider that bluecoats 3 medal finishes were each of the last 3 years...and they beat the cadets the past 3 years

Where I live these are the 2 corps with the most exposure and the past 3 years have made a huge difference

That has been considered, but what also needs to be considered is that Crown has only had 2 medals within the past three years (but 4 within the past 4 years), so there is a possibility that THEY could be knocked out of medal contention (emphasis on possibility). The point I'm making is ANY of these corps can medal, but right now, we cannot say that Cadets won't because it's still early enough in the season for them as well as other corps to make changes to put them in medal contention. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So if we feel Cadets are good we are labeled "cranks" 

got it. 

No. Only if you insult the new guy on here for telling us that he was at the show and says he thought the Crossmen should have topped the Cadets.  The guy gave his opinion, then Cadeters came on here, citing and listing all of the judges at the show, and saying the new poster is not as qualified as they are and blah blah blah, so on and so forth. Is that a " cranky " response to the new poster here just providing us his opinion on Cadets/ Crossmen at the show he was at ? I think so. But thats just my assessment as to how the brand new poster here on DCP was greeted by essentially just the Cadets alums/fans. I welcomed him here. I hope he stays... and yes, its probably because I happen to agree with him. But even If I did not agree with him, he did not need to have all the judges names listed at the show as the Cadets response, and then made to make him feel small. Thats my take anyway,

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No. Only if you insult the new guy on here for telling us that he was at the show and says he thought the Crossmen should have topped the Cadets.  The guy gave his opinion, then Cadeters came on here, citing and listing all of the judges at the show, and saying the new poster is not as qualified as they are and blah blah blah, so on and so forth. Is that a " cranky " response to the new poster here just providing us his opinion on Cadets/ Crossmen at the show he was at ? I think so. But thats just my assessment as to how the brand new poster here on DCP was greeted anyway.

No one insulted him. And who appointed you DCP judge and jury? You've been bullying folks quite a bit lately. Quite unbecoming. 

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

No one insulted him. And who appointed you DCP judge and jury? You've been bullying folks quite a bit lately. Quite unbecoming. 

Senility? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

19 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

That has been considered, but what also needs to be considered is that Crown has only had 2 medals within the past three years (but 4 within the past 4 years), so there is a possibility that THEY could be knocked out of medal contention (emphasis on possibility). The point I'm making is ANY of these corps can medal, but right now, we cannot say that Cadets won't because it's still early enough in the season for them as well as other corps to make changes to put them in medal contention. 

I don't think this really comes down to medal count... other than I guess the knowledge or a culture of how to win, perhaps the strong desire and will to live up to a legacy

If anything I think this argument plays against the Cadets chances considering the many recent years off the podium

Unless I'm missing something