Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

9 minutes ago, xandandl said:

My mother (93) had renal failure. She only had one kidney as the other was taken by cancer in 1975. My mom was in ICU for two weeks and died on June 24. However, all of her 9 children were able to fly in from across the country before she lost awareness the day before she died. Moving my large Irish family spread across the globe and nation makes drum corps logistics look like child's play 

Besides my own medical treatments for the cancers and assisting a sibling obtaining their's for the funeral, I picked up an Upper respiratory virus which has left me hoarse for two weeks. I was gifted with a few days stay in New England which allowed me to see the parade in Bristol and the contests in Cranston and Lynn. I am pleased the Cadets agreed with my suggested changes and have successfully implemented them with a few more to come.

Out of respect for the several sponsorees in several corps and because I sometimes consult with corps I tend not to make posted comments about specific corps performances or judging during the competitive season. I will comment historically or sociologically at times.  Thanks for asking.

Condolences. I lost my mom this past August.

1 minute ago, yogitom said:

My solace to you as well.

A number of posters here have had that same misfortune this past year or so. These great ladies have helped make us who we are, sometimes despite their best efforts. May they all rest in peace.

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

My mother (93) had renal failure. She only had one kidney as the other was taken by cancer in 1975. My mom was in ICU for two weeks and died on June 24. However, all of her 9 children were able to fly in from across the country before she lost awareness the day before she died. Moving my large Irish family spread across the globe and nation makes drum corps logistics look like child's play 

Besides my own medical treatments for the cancers and assisting a sibling obtaining their's for the funeral, I picked up an Upper respiratory virus which has left me hoarse for two weeks. I was gifted with a few days stay in New England which allowed me to see the parade in Bristol and the contests in Cranston and Lynn. I am pleased the Cadets agreed with my suggested changes and have successfully implemented them with a few more to come.

Out of respect for my several sponsorees in several corps and because I sometimes consult with corps I tend not to make posted comments about specific corps performances or judging during the competitive season. I will comment historically or sociologically at times.  Thanks for asking.

Holy cow. Sorry to hear that. 

5 minutes ago, yogitom said:

X - keeping you are your family in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss. G. 

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Holy cow. Sorry to hear that. 

Just now, George Dixon said:

X - keeping you are your family in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss. G. 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, yogitom said:

I lost my mom 2 years ago in March. She was and remains my best friend. 

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Out of respect for my several sponsorees in several corps and because I sometimes consult with corps I tend not to make posted comments about specific corps performances or judging during the competitive season. I will comment historically or sociologically at times.  Thanks for asking.

I've told you before, I'm sorry for your loss, and you know I have been going through it as well with the loss of my father a month ago. I share your pain. 

7 minutes ago, yogitom said:

Condolences to you and your family as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

My solace to you as well.

A number of posters here have had that same misfortune this past year or so. These great ladies have helped make us who we are, sometimes despite their best efforts. May they all rest in peace.

I am very sorry for your loss.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

As you may remember, I lost my mom a couple of years ago, too. I know how difficult it is to lose loved ones.

• Like 1

It was my honor to travel several summers with Paul Robertson who volunteered as a mechanic, driver, and whatever needed to be done to help the corps during the '90's. When Brian Hickman moved from being assistant director of the Cadets to being CEO of The Glassmen, Paul helped them out as well as he lived in Ohio. In fact he outfitted the Glassmen buses with WiFi for tour, the certainly first in DCI on mms buses.

Paul was both gentle and forthright, always a gentleman but convincing in his views. He rarely demanded much for himself other than some quiet space to think out a problem he was troubleshooting. He stepped in quietly to make sure those problems were few and almost everyone on tour would know him as a friend. He remarkably knew the full membership by name and was comfortable dealing with both adults and mms. And he had the respect of GH and was sometimes used by the staff to help GH hear and see matters as they were.

Cadets, Glassmen and drum corps have lost one of the great ones without whom the activity would not exist.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Oh boy everyone. Lost my dad at 91 a few years ago. WWII vet. Unfortunately the last couple years were rough. Dementia. But he was there with us in Kansas City to see the Scouts win. Quite a memory. 

• Like 1