Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

BTW - Based on current standings of scores, The Cadets are 3rd!    

Rankings:

1. Bloo 78.3

2. Crown 77.6 

3. Cadets 76.4

4. BD 76.1

5. Cavies 75.4

6. SCV 75.3

So, based on the above, I guess the answer to the OP's question is "YES"!

edited for:  Yes, I know scores from different shows don't mean the same as head to head :)

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Since 2011, Cadets won in 2011, 4th in 2012, 3rd in 2013, 3rd in 2014, 4th in 2015, and 6th in 2016. (4 medal finishes).  

Since 2011, Bluecoats came in 7th in 2011, 6th in 2012, 5th in 2013, 2nd in 2014, 3rd in 2015 and 1st in 2016 (3 medal finishes).

Since 2011, Blue Devils came in 2nd in 2011, 1st in 2012, 2nd in 2013, 1st in 2014, 1st in 2015, 2nd in 2016 (6 medal finishes). 

Since 2011, Crown came in 4th in 2011, 2nd in 2012, 1st in 2013, 5th in 2014, 2nd in 2015, 3rd in 2016 (4 medal finishes). 

Since 2011, Cavaliers came in 3rd in 2011, 8th in 2012, 7th in 2013, 6th in 2014, 9th in 2015, and 5th in 2016 (1 medal finish). 

Since 2011, Santa Clara Vanguard came in 6th in 2011, 5th in 2012, 4th in 2013, 4th in 2014, 5th in 2015, 4th in 2016 (0 medal finishes). 

Cadets have more of a chance of medaling than Cavies and SCV if history serves as a guide, however, they would have to take out either Crown, BD or Bluecoats. Since Bluecoats sits in 1st right now, I can't say for sure, BUT, they only have 3 medals as opposed to Cadets' and Crowns' 4 medals. Blue Devils will be hard to take out since they've been in that medal spot for the past 6 years. 

We'll see what happens. 

• Like 1

4th Would be like winning DCI for the Cadets this year.  I say that in a good way.  I think it is attainable, but a challenge. 

• BD is well, BD.  
  • Bloo has too much talent, and while not as exciting "to me" as last year, a very entertaining show.
  • SCV is incredibly solid in performance across the board even though I find their show somewhat sterile (similar to some Cadet shows of the past).

just my 2 cents...

26 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

4th Would be like winning DCI for the Cadets this year.  I say that in a good way.  I think it is attainable, but a challenge. 

• BD is well, BD.  
  • Bloo has too much talent, and while not as exciting "to me" as last year, a very entertaining show.
  • SCV is incredibly solid in performance across the board even though I find their show somewhat sterile (similar to some Cadet shows of the past).

just my 2 cents...

You can have that. But I'm not counting them out. 

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

Brass was 0.4 behind the best brass line in drum corps the other day.

Are they the best brass line in drum corps?

4 hours ago, Narrow said:

By people who don't understand statistics. 

Yep. They've taken a hit because we have a lot of stupid people in this country and a lot of them equate probability with predictions or a poll. 

No, a probability is a probability, and really if you look at them compared to other models, they were the most accurate of all of them. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

edited for:  Yes, I know scores from different shows don't mean the same as head to head :)

Then why'd ya do it? For all we know, the west coast scores are not the ones being inflated this year

• Like 1

I will have to say Cadets are better then I predicted. I had them in the 7-9 range. I do believe they have the most controversial show content wise, but could also have the most ambitious show this year, whether it is too ambitious remains to be seen. For Cadets to medal, I think they will have to make vast improvement, and their powerful music moments will have to be more nuanced, a problem I saw last year too. SCV's scores at this time have them in the top three, and unless they are inflated, this seems pretty solid. I think Crown has a better chance of a medal than Cadets. I could see Crown surging if more is added to their show,  but Crown could also plateau.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I will have to say Cadets are better then I predicted. I had them in the 7-9 range. I do believe they have the most controversial show content wise, but could also have the most ambitious show this year, whether it is too ambitious remains to be seen. For Cadets to medal, I think they will have to make vast improvement, and their powerful music moments will have to be more nuanced, a problem I saw last year too. SCV's scores at this time have them in the top three, and unless they are inflated, this seems pretty solid. I think Crown has a better chance of a medal than Cadets. I could see Crown surging if more is added to their show,  but Crown could also plateau.

Aah, no they don't

Rankings:

1. Bloo 78.3

2. Crown 77.6 

3. Cadets 76.4

4. BD 76.1

5. Cavies 75.4

6. SCV 75.3

2 minutes ago, yogitom said:

Aah, no they don't

Rankings:

1. Bloo 78.3

2. Crown 77.6 

3. Cadets 76.4

4. BD 76.1

5. Cavies 75.4

6. SCV 75.3

Based on last evening's show, you are correct, but DCI's competitive edge ending July 3rd has SCV 3rd.