Can Cadets medal?

Can Cadets medal?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Can Cadets medal?

• Absolutely.
    • No, there are too many corps that are just better.
    • No, the design is not a Top Three design.

Lol I wish I could've chosen both "no" answers. It's my opinion that the medal group has already solidified itself, being Bluecoats, SCV, and BD. Plus there's Crown and Cavaliers. Outside of the top five, I think Cadets are the top group. But in a season where Cadets didn't even get top 3 on opening night, I don't think medal contention is in their future for 2017.

Just now, brassdude6171 said:

Lol I wish I could've chosen both "no" answers. It's my opinion that the medal group has already solidified itself, being Bluecoats, SCV, and BD. Plus there's Crown and Cavaliers. Outside of the top five, I think Cadets are the top group. But in a season where Cadets didn't even get top 3 on opening night, I don't think medal contention is in their future for 2017.

Wow.

Here's a bit of a "history" lesson

They got 4th opening night in 2011. Where they finish that year? 1st :)

And... nothing is "already solidified" right now - it's frankly too early to know 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I still hold out hope that Cavaliers would find a way to medal. But it's admittedly "parental pride homeristic biased" hope and not logic. The top 4 ( Coats, SC, BD, and Crown) are going to be hard to overtake. Perhaps my completely illogical hope should be just to pick one of those off so that Cavaliers improve placement by one slot over last season and build for their future. 

Nah...I'll stick with the completely homer view that Cavs are going to find a way to crack top three. Cause that's how I roll!  :lle:

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I still hold out hope that Cavaliers would find a way to medal. But it's admittedly "parental pride homeristic biased" hope and not logic. The top 4 ( Coats, SC, BD, and Crown) are going to be hard to overtake. Perhaps my completely illogical hope should be just to pick one of those off so that Cavaliers improve placement by one slot over last season and build for their future. 

Nah...I'll stick the completely homer view that Cavs are going to find a way to crack top three. Cause that's how I roll!  :lle:

That's the spirit, Dad!  I like it! 

• Like 1

Cadets certainly can medal. Lots still for them to do but it's not out of the question. They've already beat Bloo and Crown in guard, won Percussion last night over Crown (who have a very solid line), are in the grouping with some of the highest scores in the country. Yes, different shows etc but they're hanging tough and certainly have tons more cleaning to do versus Crown who is performing very well. Yes, the possibility is there. 

At this point, the only corps I feel safe saying will medal is Bloo... any of the next 5 corps could finish on (or off) the podium, depending on design evolution and how their shows clean up. I can see BD and SCV as 2-3 as easily as I see Crown-Cadets in the same spot, and the Cavies have a vehicle that puts them in the mix as well. The competition is tighter this year than I've seen in a long, long time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I guess anything is possible.  Right now, the brass section does not seem to be on pace for top 12, much less top 3... but if they somehow fix that, and amaze us all with a new closer, maybe they can move up.

They are lagging a bit in Brass but are uncharacteristically strong in guard which for better or worse, carries more weight. They were 0.4 down last night in Brass to Crown and won Percussion. They definitely have some beginnings of caption strengths. Of course, time will tell.