Wonderful Wausau - July 6, 2017

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The wonderful D. C. Everest high school football field.  Right down the street from the Palms supper club. Stop by for a brandy old fashioned sweet. With olives (or perhaps a pickle.). I love living in Wisconsin. We're a pretty happy bunch. 

4 minutes ago, Polonius said:

question to ponder over INT:

why was Wausau Story called Wausau Story?

Because who would believe one would ruin good alcohol and olives by using a pickle as a stirrer? Pure fiction.

I'm sure the cheddarheaders of the dairy state would use a stick of butter as a stirrer for buttered rum.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

Based on the old Wausau Employers Insurance commercials, which told the "Wausau story".

I believe the company initially sponsored the corps.

Just as the First Federal Bank sponsored the Blue Stars in LaCrosse.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Since I ended up living in the UP (Upper Peninsula - a Yooper), I remember Wausau Story very fondly.  Yes, they were sponsored by the insurance company.  I sure wish they kept going because prior to their folding, they fielded a full corps.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Since I ended up living in the UP (Upper Peninsula - a Yooper), I remember Wausau Story very fondly.  Yes, they were sponsored by the insurance company.  I sure wish they kept going because prior to their folding, they fielded a full corps.

Yes, those mid/late 70s editions of Wausau were full.  The old blue and green did well in those days.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Because who would believe one would ruin good alcohol and olives by using a pickle as a stirrer? Pure fiction.

I'm sure the cheddarheaders of the dairy state would use a stick of butter as a stirrer for buttered rum.

Don't be silly. The stick of butter goes on top of the burger. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

If they dropped the intermission they should beat the nasty weather that will be over Wausau within the next 90 minutes.

Word is, they did drop intermission. 

• Like 2

Just now, xandandl said:

yes, butter burgers at Culver's.

Yup. And the spaghetti goes in the chili. Now I'm getting hungry. Good thing tomorrow is Friday. I'm ready for a perch fry.