Wonderful Wausau - July 6, 2017

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Sounds like Blue Stars put in a completely new closer, can't wait for it to clean up a little and getting to see it online on Saturday!  

I'm looking forward to it. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed they didn't explore the arrangement of Diamonds from Moulin Rouge. 

That production cooks. 

I'm kind of surprised that Bloo doesn't have a contingency drill for no-prop where they just jazz run down the center or something.  They're all in on being 'indoors' with this show it seems. Did they have any voluntary cancel outs last year with the ramps?  I know for Tilt, they'd just march in front or behind the ramps rather than go up them 

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm kind of surprised that Bloo doesn't have a contingency drill for no-prop where they just jazz run down the center or something.  They're all in on being 'indoors' with this show it seems. Did they have any voluntary cancel outs last year with the ramps?  I know for Tilt, they'd just march in front or behind the ramps rather than go up them 

They've rehearsed without the prop before, so it can be done. Probably just didn't want to perform without it cause it would only hurt. And it would take more time for them to prepare for a no prop show.

Edited by Narrow

Seems kind of unfair to the fans ina a way to unilaterally pull from a show if they do have a 'propless' version and don't run it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It was suggested that there was a lightning threat... They may have opted for the last slot to delay due to rain but weren't able to perform at all due to worsening weather threats?

Just speculation.

• Like 1

Just now, oldbandguy said:

Might want to wait until you know the facts!  

Hence the 'if' 

and yeah,  if they swapped for the last spot in hopes of cheating the stirm, then got caught, that would make sense 

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

It was suggested that there was a lightning threat... They may have opted for the last slot to delay due to rain but weren't able to perform at all due to worsening weather threats?

Just speculation.

I'm old enough to remember when a member of Des Plaines Vanguard was killed by lightning.  Don't mess with lightning.  I always said "lightning rods up". 

• Like 2