Marvelous Minnesota, July 8

9 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Ramon and Stephan think the Madison guard should be wearing loincloths. I kinda like the idea. 

So in every group of friends, there's the lush, the letch, the smart one, and the pretty one.

You've got to figure out which one (or two) you are...

I've figured out the others, I think...

Meanwhile, I'm home alone, which means I have to be all four...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

So i really wanna see Mandarins make finals. But after watching the Scouts and Troop, idk. Gonna be a dogfight for that 12th spot. 

I'm sorry but I don't think Troop has a good shot at finals, personally. The tarps all over the field did nothing for Le and the music was just...meh. The music that I enjoyed most from the show was also arranged terribly in my opinion. But then again, I'm not a judge. Just a sit at home wish-drum-corps-remembered-t-focus-on-the-music type fan. Who's strong point was always the visual.

• Like 4

Pie and ice cream time too...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I can't honestly say that I like this show from a traditional sense, but I really like all the creativity involved and they're performing better than the last time I saw it on video, so I'm happy for them. I want them to succeed. I like some of the music, I like the drill design, and the props fit the show. The uniform is incredible, and everything is better with a beard; if you can grow it, go for it!

It's a very "Modern BD" concept show in my mind.

I kinda like it...  But it's pretty weird...

Well I guess that's what the BD people brought over to the Scouts' visual staff this year. Your statement makes sense there.

• Like 1

The stream has been great here, but I've been praying to the New Gods.

Just remember, if the feed goes bad and you kill somebody over it, dedicate their death to Odin. It might help.

• Like 2

I can say though... I do not feel "Madison" when I see that show...  I know that is a big deal to most of the alumni I have talked to, and I totally see what they're talking about...

I'm not saying it's good or bad.  but Madison is a corps with a solid identity.  this different show type, marching style and creatives costumes is definitely a step in another direction.

I don't think its my place to say if that's good or bad. just an observation.