Humid and Sticky Houston

43 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Shhhhh don't embrace me in front of my friends!!! Lol

Why do I suddenly feel like bursting into song singing Embraceable You?

Hook'em we expect a corps by corps reporting from you tonight.  I don't care if you think the Cavies should win it all.

What a great lineup and a good order to challenge the judges.

Go VANGUARD !!!

you got it :D GO DRUM CORPS!

posted from the DrumScorps app

44 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

about to head out.... LETS GO CAVIES!!!!

nQlkTbK.jpg

Nice to see such a hardcore homer be so incredibly positive about not only his corps, but everyone else too :)

• Like 2

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

d8Wofv2.jpg

Have fun, Hook 'em Cavies!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

d8Wofv2.jpg

You posted a photo of the Bluecoats trucks, not Cavaliers. Has someone hacked your account? If not, are you feeling all right? 

• Like 1

(By the time this show is over, we'll know whether Legends did or did not reach their 24-hour emergency fundraising goal.)

In the meantime: on the video I saw, Bloo looked a bit tired in the last movement of their performance last night. And they had farther to drive from Denton than Crown did from Belton. I think they stay in fourth place tonight.

Tomorrow at San Antonio, I hope there's a close-up on the trombone soloist when he emerges from beneath the stage after the tuba soloist plays in the Zappa--I love the one-footed hopping turn he makes just before leading the rest of the bones in a dance up the ramp.

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well....that is common knowledge!   :whistle:

Our men will win again, sooner rather than later.  Never forget we've won seven DCI Championships and in the days before DCI, thirteen national titles.  By my count this makes 20.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Our men will win again, sooner rather than later.  Never forget we've won seven DCI Championships and in the days before DCI, thirteen national titles.  By my count this makes 20.  

My Cavalier is in for the long-haul. He's 18 so he's got many more seasons to not only medal, but to win. But that said, just having the experience is the big win. I'm watching him mature right before my eyes this summer. Life-changing! 

• Like 6

Just now, PopcornEater1963 said:

My Cavalier is in for the long-haul. He's 18 so he's got many more seasons to not only medal, but to win. But that said, just having the experience is the big win. I'm watching him mature right before my eyes this summer. Life-changing! 

I joined The Cavaliers as a boy and I aged out as a man.

• Like 2

Just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I joined The Cavaliers as a boy and I aged out as a man.

Yep...he's headed to Jax State University to major in Music Ed. He wants to be a band director. With a JSU Mus. Ed. degree and 2 seasons of DCA with Atlanta CV and 5 seasons with the Cavaliers ( yes, I'm counting my chickens before they hatch), I imagine he would have a strong resume for a band program that valued marching competitively. 

• Like 1