This is an all-time great BD show.

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Eh. If we can have a post hating on BD's design as a separate thread, I think we can have a post loving BD in another thread 

Image result for kobe dunk reaction gif

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

2017 Blue Devils have not yet passed 2015 for me, and certainly not 2014 or 2010 on a performance scale; but I see lots of potential and signs this could be my favorite BD show of the entire 2000s. They still have little things to do. Refine visual in the last 2 or 3 minutes, fix some of the big hit points that I feel get dialed back just a bit by too much scatter drill.  The front 5 or 6 minutes has such a good sense of pacing and some real goose bump moments. 

I'm interested to see the last 2-3 minutes modified visually as well. 

I fondly remember BD continuously tweak the closer of their 2015 show between every show and it got better and better each time. The musical phrasing became more complete, and the visuals became tougher and more complete. 

• Like 2

I have only seen a really early season recording of the show...and from what I have seen it could be my favorite BD show since the 1980s.  

As of now it seems to be going in a different direction than all the BD shows since the 90s yet it's still 100 percent blue devils. The blue devils have had the most consistent corps identity for many years.  We shall see what they  metamorph into for the rest of the season.  

It should be interesting to see how this show places and scores this year.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Blasian62 said:

Not a fan myself. Drum break to start is too long and not exciting or catchy. Music seems too random and without a good melody to keep me interested.

I think it's perfect.  You hear many solos and familiar musical phrases from the past.  I just love it.  It's like a time capsule.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

That's the great things NC about opinions - everyone has one. It's a good show, but I don't think it's anywhere as good as you're hyped JH it up to be.

BD homer thinks BD's show is amazing and will win gold. Crown homer disagrees

I'm shocked 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Blasian62 said:

Not a fan myself. Drum break to start is too long and not exciting or catchy. Music seems too random and without a good melody to keep me interested.

Do you recognize the drum cadence and the accompanying trumpet calls?

• Like 2

I don't like this show, and I hope it doesn't medal 

But the performance from the members is fantastic 

19 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Eh. If we can have a post hating on BD's design as a separate thread, I think we can have a post loving BD in another thread 

This thread could be helped my more to discuss.  It is just a statement.

At least the other thread attempted to have conversation.  I agree it is not a great thread either.  But there is some semblance of back and forth discussion and explanations and understanding.