Can Cadets Overtake BAC By San Antonio?

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Spells   1

Prayers 0

"Witch hunts" were back in the news today; maybe that made the difference for Boston.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mfrontz said:

The talent on the teaching staff, which they paid for, is getting the most out of marching members who otherwise would not be performing at such a high level.

My translation.

Got it.  Totally agree.  Thanks

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Instructional talent (paid for) is pulling the most of the talent level of the membership 

its a compliment 

Thanks George.  Sometimes I misunderstand the point someone is trying to make so I now ask before reply improperly.  A forehead slap helps occasionally to set me straight.

BAC beat Cadets last night.   Cadet fans are aghast.  Hop makes his Facebook post congratulating the Crusaders and vows to keep plugging away with the show.  First time in a bizzilion meetings since 1980 that BAC has beaten them.

Yep, just another day in drum corps!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Yeah and last years finalsxwerecacdead heat between Bluecoats and Blue Devils.  Yeah Bluecoats would agree I'm sure.

For cripe sake are you that biased against Boston you can even give any recognition that they beat Cadets? WTH?  And the BD that they got a slightly more favorable read.  Ahhg! That's how this works!!!

It appears you are reading their take on it. Their post was like November 2016 Jacob Javits center all over again. 

14 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I don't believe for a second a new ending could literally be 2 points. BAC's show is very good on both content and design. I'm not totally surprised they beat the Cadets. I'm not sure that's going to hold through the end of the season, but it could. 

No way a new ending adds two points to a total score halfway or more through the season. Not for any top 10 corps. Scores are, first and foremost, relative in DCI. You are talking about changing the entire balance of scoring power among the top 10 with a new ending.

Maybe if Boston went Game of Thrones on us actually cut someone's head off or burned someone at the stake you would see a significant jump...though admittedly maybe not in the upward direction!

Theoretically, yes, it is possible...but so is getting hit in the head by a meteor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

BAC beat Cadets last night.   Cadet fans are aghast.  Hop makes his Facebook post congratulating the Crusaders and vows to keep plugging away with the show.  First time in a bizzilion meetings since 1980 that BAC has beaten them.

Yep, just another day in drum corps!

"Firts Time Since 1980":

Hanover PA July 7, 1980

Boston Crusaders  56.7

Garfield Cadets      56.5

There's that .2 again

Scores courtesy of CorpsReps.com

Elphaba    :flower:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yikes.

Sorry, but from what I've seen of Boston's show, I just don't see it. They appear to have GE out the ###. Audience reaction is huge. Cadets on the other hand appear to just be golf claps. Not saying that's the catalyst, but it helps. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Sorry, but from what I've seen of Boston's show, I just don't see it. They appear to have GE out the ###. Audience reaction is huge. Cadets on the other hand appear to just be golf claps. Not saying that's the catalyst, but it helps. 

I think part of the Cadets problem is the narration. At least from an audience perspective. I just think, "Oh God" every time I hear it. It's not just them. It's everyone. I am sorry but corps have not figured out a way (yet) to make narration sound like anything other than lame, hokie, and stupid. I'm all for narration and the other changes that have taken place when it's done in a good way...and IMO no one has done narration well, and with the Cadets it's just way too literal.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 3