3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

1 hour ago, NCWVUFAN said:

I think BD clearly fields the most talented corp every year, but the content and design are less appealling than the next 3 to 4 corps below them.

Did they win any captions last year?

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Color Guard, Visual Analysis and Total Visual.

1 hour ago, Dmiggles said:

I totally agree with this. Design and delivery are such factors to a show's success.

Drum corp these days are not just about how many notes, how fast the feet marches or how many spins are made. Body content, facial expression, flow and dance are part of the equation. All a part of the evolution of Drum Corps. Details!

Who judges facial expression? Aren't the visual judges too far back to see those?

I mean, when seen in close up via the camera, a lot of corps members facial expressions tend to look pretty silly.

11 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No.

9 minutes ago, geluf said:

Color Guard, Visual Analysis and Total Visual.

Crown won both guard and visual performance caption awards last year. BD did not win any caption award whatsoever.

1 hour ago, geluf said:

See: Crown 2013-2014

Hmm. I don't see Crown 2014 as being more of a sequel to Crown 2013 than Crown 2013 was a sequel to Crown 2012.

Just now, shofmon88 said:

No.

Crown won both guard and visual performance caption awards last year. BD did not win any caption award whatsoever.

Just now, defeldus2 said:

Uh, Crown won guard and visual (and brass)

On finals night, BD took Color Guard and Visual Analysis, as well as Total Visual.

Yes, I know, the "caption awards" weren't handed to them, because it's an average over three nights.

But the thrust of the reply is that finals night is what matters because that's where you hand out the medals.  On that night, that's how it went down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geluf said:

The difference between 1995 and now in terms of design and judging criteria is so vast we might as well be talking Baseball vs. Football.

Can you elaborate on this argument?

And what about, say, 2008, when the eventual champion was in fourth place and 2.6 pts. behind first?

Just now, geluf said:

On finals night, BD took Color Guard and Visual Analysis, as well as Total Visual.

Yes, I know, the "caption awards" weren't handed to them, because it's an average over three nights.

But the thrust of the reply is that finals night is what matters because that's where you hand out the medals.  On that night, that's how it went down.

That's not what was asked. If you ask, "did they win any captions last year" it is not assumed that you only mean finals night, but rather the caption awards.