3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

Pretty definitive win by BD.  1st in every category but percussion.  I think the judges got it right; BD seemed cleaner to me.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 3

Just now, NCWVUFAN said:

I think BD clearly fields the most talented corp every year, but the content and design are less appealling than the next 3 to 4 corps below them.

BD has turned DCI's judging criteria into a science.  A well-oiled machine.  

Audiences on the whole may not like them as much as the other corps in the top 5 year after year, but BD made the choice to figure out the magic juice to make the judges adore them and go for results, and it has worked to perfection, like it or not.

• Like 3

It's between SCV and BD. Gold will come home to CA once again. I cannot wait to see them all on same judging panel. 

• Like 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Well, they're from North Carolina but I suppose that's just semantics.  They are more clean than anyone however and haven't been included in the mix lately. 

Funny thing is their corps song is about NC instead of South. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

It has nothing to do with me, pal. 

Clearly... /sarcasm

Theres no way SCV and BD are better than the Bluecoats, they have only both proven it on the field back to back now...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

First off, great job to all the corps MM as they did a fantastic job tonight!  In my humble opinion, Bloo should win over BD tonight.....but history has taught me that BD will take it.  It pains me to say this, but DCI judging has taught me to be ready for disappointment. 

On another note, in response to some of the discussion in this thread, in my humble opinion Crown and SCV have the best drill on the field in 2017.  I think that should be highly  rewarded, but visual has been defined by judges to be equate body and dancing more than drill (and BD and Bloo use this to their advantage the most).  I'm not knocking these two corps or any others as they execute it perfectly and effectively, but I wish excellent marching and playing was rewarded more than other types of visual effects (but hey that is just my opinion).

Uh. Crown pretty much pioneered and have lead in this body movement that you are referring to 

i agree with you on SCV though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrk said:

1 Blue Devils 85.000

2 Bluecoats 83.850

3 Blue Knights 79.100

4 Mandarins 74.550

5 Troopers 70.250

6 Pacific Crest 69.000

7 Oregon Crusaders 68.800

8 Seattle Cascades 65.900

Mandarins four points up on Troopers. Who saw that coming preseason?

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, they're from North Carolina but I suppose that's just semantics.  They are more clean than anyone however and haven't been included in the mix lately. 

Fort Mill?

• Like 1

Crown is from SC, but really the Charlotte area, which in NC

• Like 3