3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

3 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

Even though I want SCV to win it this year, I wont care if BD wins it again. We fans are all winners with amazing shows like this being presented to us! :)

I wouldn't be upset if this BD show won either (although it will add to my BD fatigue). In fact if you cut the trombone feature from the closer, it could be one of my top 5 favorite BD shows

One area where I feel Bloo is stumbling is the choreography with the bowlers and suspenders. It doesn't look like they are performing it fluidly and with ease, so it comes off more as a design contrivance. I'm also not clear how well it illustrates the musical style.

Whether it not you like the movement that BD is doing, they are performing it with 100% commitment. There is a clear vocabulary of the stutter-steps, rocking back and forth, various arm movements, etc.  These repeat throughout the program, fit the music well, and they are really selling them.

• Like 6

Just now, Sandonovan said:

I guess this is reveal where I have always loved BD in one way or another? And a buddy of mine from way back when I was in high school band is in BD this year... I guess now I must run from the angry mob? Lol.

Yea you might wanna seek shelter in the BD thread. We'll leave the light on for you lol.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I think it is very mainstream, and I understand why crowds like it...because I like it! But Scott has built a ton of little ideas throughout the show that refer to drum corps history, and specifically BD history, that I am not privy to. And I would guess most of the crowd wouldn't be, either.

There are some amazing moments in this show. AMAZING. The ballad is probably my favorite moment of the season.

That's fair! As much as of BD fan I am, I'm not going to pretend that I am getting every reference in this show that some of the older and more experienced fans are seeing

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Yep, the season is over. 
1995%20corpsreps-scores.png

The difference between 1995 and now in terms of design and judging criteria is so vast we might as well be talking Baseball vs. Football.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's fair! As much as of BD fan I am, I'm not going to pretend that I am getting every reference in this show that some of the older and more experienced fans are seeing

Yeah but you can bet that the judges have cheat sheets for every single one of them!

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Nor should you be expected to as those who have seen BD from the early '70's.  I think the Easter eggs are a small percentage of the show.  The greatness of the rest stands alone

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

Just now, mrk said:

I'd love to see Bloo repeat, but my eyes say SCV, and my ears say BD.

Im not sure I agree with this post, but I love the way you worded it.  You have my like.

Let us not forget that Bloo beat SCV by 0.9 in Rockford and then lost to SCV by 0.1 the next night... one show doesn't decide the season

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4